Best Case I've Ever Owned!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Young Turk, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Young Turk macrumors 6502

And its the Apple Smart Case in dark grey. I had it custom engraved, so it came from the Apple Store. Like the color, love the feel, love the personalized engraving, love how light it is compared to other cases, and have no complaints about the fit.

Reminds me a lot of the original Apple case for the original iPad.

Easily the best case I've ever owned.

2. meistervu macrumors 65816

Tried it

That was the case I picked up in the store when I first bought my new iPad. I returned it after a few days because I found it got in the way.

The fit was pretty good, just a bit loose in my opinion. I didn't like the edges: there is a seam that while not sharp, was distracting. While the Smart Cover part was the same as the stand alone Smart Cover, the back make the case a bit less stable when you fold it into a stand.

I returned it and got a Smart Cover and love it. But that didn't address 3 problems: slippery back, limited reading angle, flopping back when folded. I read the forum and found great reviews on the Incase Magnetic Snap case. So I got it and the combination of the Incase and the Smart Cover was just about right: minimal, functional, and good looking.

But cases are very personal, so I am glad that you voice your opinion.