Best case of all time.....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iCaleb, Aug 9, 2010.

1. iCaleb macrumors 6502

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Then it is not the "best case of all time".

3. iCaleb thread starter macrumors 6502

Not for style but for quality;)

If you want to go on ebay and get a 9.99 rubber case be my guest.

4. onne2slick macrumors regular

Otterbox has got to be one of the ugliest cases in my books. (Just my opinon, but feel free to disagree, haha!)

No, but seriously, who needs THAT much protection? Like, what are you.. in WW3?
    Christ, you're protecting it against drops, not against King Kong.

5. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Best no. Bulkiest, and one of the most priciest, yes.

That is all.

6. LAS22 macrumors regular

Thumbs Down for Opinionated Title.

best case for you.

7. iCaleb thread starter macrumors 6502

It's very nice for construction but you wouldn't know that because you guys don't build huge bridges and highways.......you just drive on them.

When I worked on the 35W bridge I went through 4 work phones 2 of them dropped in the river below and the other developed cracks.

Now that I have an otter box I don't have to worry about that.

8. bandrews macrumors 6502a

I'm with you there - I've just ordered one because as a farmer my past two iphones have ended up scratched and battered with dust in every little hole it could go in - even with a good case on. Also, my last iPhone fell out of my pocket onto the concrete yard and the screen smashed. This is what I've needed for ages and not going to risk ruining my shiny new iPhone 4.

The cases aren't permanent you know - you can always take the phone out any time you want to be seen with it in public!

9. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I can't help but feel like the Apple engineers that worked tirelessly to squeeze every tenth of a millimeter out of the iPhone 4's thickness are just frustrated when they see people stick their phones in cases like these...

10. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

I would use it in certain situations, but for every day use it is too bulky and detracts from the look of the phone, it does what it says on the tin, I had one for my 3GS but swapped it for a Vaja leather case.

11. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Personally, I like this one (even though it's not out yet)

http://www.smalldog.com/product/76756/contour-showcase-with-holster-stand-for-iphone-4

Had the 3G version and loved it. Think this one strikes a nice balance between protection as well as style. Not a fan of the kickstand/holster thing but I'm sure it'll come in handy soon enough.

I also have one of the eBay knock off Otterbox cases too which I use for travel purposes.

PS. anyone else thing that Small Dog Electronics logo looks like Pedo Bear? Or is it just me?

12. joneill55 macrumors 6502

MY God that case is butt-ass fugly! If you need that much protection, maybe you need a rubber phone.

13. Cuthbert macrumors regular

I think it's a great case and I work in a white collar environment. I tend to switch between that and my vaja case - two very different styles, but both are useful for different situations.

14. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

OP, you are asking for trouble with the sensationalist thread title :p

15. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

The Otterbox Defenders are some of the best cases I've seen so far (as in they excel in performing their duty AS A CASE).

16. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

And ugly to boot.

I can understand some peple getting a case like this because they're super clumsy or need a lot of protection on the job. Otherwise, I think it's overkill.

17. bigtrip macrumors newbie

If you think any case is going to protect your phone in a fall off of a bridge, then maybe you'd like to buy this bridge I have for sale.

18. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

and most likely reflects the flash back into the camera lens, look at that 'tiny' cutout

19. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I think the Defender looks GOOD! to me, it gives the phone a better feel in the hand and the built-in screen protecter is quite good! I love the cut-out for the Apple logo and how everything is covered by easy to open flaps.

20. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

21. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I want a case with protection without sacrificing so much. I'm hoping the iPhone 4 version of the PDO Silk Slider case is as the iPhone 3GS version. Nice case and survived way more drops than any phone should have to endure.