Best case/skin for a MBP Early 2011?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by loztheguru, Jul 3, 2012.

1. loztheguru macrumors member

What are peoples opinions on the 'skins' you see these days, designed to stay attached even when the computers in use? I've been toying with the idea of getting one for my 2011 MBP for a while now, anyone got any thoughts?

How do they deal with heat dissipation? Mine tends to get pretty hot when it switches to the Radeon GPU...

2. JamesP. macrumors regular

I've considered getting one also.

Maybe something like this...

http://www.speckproducts.com/macbook-cases/macbook-pro/macbook-pro-seethru.html

I'd be interested in hearing about how they deal with heat also

3. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

i use the incase sleeve, the one you can find on apple stores. it works great :D

4. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Has anyone here use the bodyguardz or sticker boy skins??? I'm also looking to get a skin this time instead of using a speck case. Anyone have any experience with these and how they hold up to scratches???

?? - Why does macrumors block the word "sticker-boy" as one word???

5. blkprlz macrumors newbie

+1! I, too, am curious about heat related issues.

Here's another source for skins...

http://skinpee.com/

6. odraude macrumors member

ive read that cases make no good for mbp´s because of the heat, since the body of the machine is aluminium plastic only keeps the heat

7. Tremulant macrumors newbie

I have used Bodyguardz for my iPhone 4S and my Macbook Pro and have loved it. Very tough, clear film and it adds a lot of grip. The installation is kind of tricky on the Macbook, and I messed mine up the first time I installed, but they gave me a new one for the cost of shipping when I called, and I can keep getting a new one for $5 every time this one gets old :D Love the replacements! Highly recommend Bodyguardz

I have no idea what Sticker Boy is...

8. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Thanks. How well does it handle heat? Does the skin start to peel off or expand when your macbook pro gets hot during heavy use?

9. Tremulant macrumors newbie

I never experienced that problem, and I use my computer all day. It did happen with a skin I had on my iPhone, but never the MacBook. DOn't sit on your phone for too long :)

I had the same clear skin on my MacBook for a year with little to no wear. It's pretty cool how the scratches heal themselves.

10. appletechpro macrumors regular

I have a speck clear hardshell case and I love it.

To me, the peel-and-apply solutions are far too much of a hassle.

The clear hardshell case accomplishes protection and takes 10 seconds to install

11. golu14 macrumors regular

http://www.colcasac.com/macbook-sleeve/

Very soft and really breathable