Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulobrad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
UK
Couldn't find a definitive thread on this topic so starting a new one.

About to buy a 13" MacBook and wondered what sleeves/cases would be recommended? How does the LArobe case on the Apple Store compare to others people know of? I'm looking for a tight sleeve as opposed to a carry case.

Cheers.

Hipnomac

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Chicago
Couldn't find a definitive thread on this topic so starting a new one.

About to buy a 13" MacBook and wondered what sleeves/cases would be recommended? How does the LArobe case on the Apple Store compare to others people know of? I'm looking for a tight sleeve as opposed to a carry case.

Cheers.

http://booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.65/.f?sc=13&category=-113

This case the best case ever, it fits the macbook perfectly, and how can you not be sold with "TOUGH OUTSIDE: RUGGED, WATER-RESISTANT 1682D CROSS-WEAVE BALLISTIC NYLON EXTERIOR"

It also fits perfectly into any backpack.

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
I like the incase Nylon sleeve myself.

There are quite a few threads about this, so it might pay having a look in those as well.

BlackMax

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2007
North Carolina
I use the Incase Nylon Sleeve for 13-inch MacBook (Black). Works great for me. It is really thin, has an inside pocket I use for the remote and has a removable strap. I found mine at CompUSA for five dollars less than they have it at the Apple store.

tj699lla_125.jpg

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=F7A10C11&nplm=TJ699LL/A

capoeirista

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2007
+1 for the incase neoprene sleeve. Not waterproof but it's saved my MB from bumps etc when in my rucksack.

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
I have the incase neoprene sleeve and the tucano second skin. I like them both equally. Both have their pros and cons though. There are reviews of these sleeves coming up. Click in my signature.

byakuya

paulobrad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
UK
Cheers for the help guys, the incase ones do look pretty nice - just need to find a UK stockist as they don't ship over here.

Thanks again.

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
If you're interested in a long detailed review of the Tucano Second Skin Sleeve for Macbooks: click here.
If not: the tucano second skin is a good bag. not too expensive but there are some bad aspects about the sleeve.

byakuya

njp142

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
Rockville, MD
The Booq sleeves are very nice and IMO better than the Incase ones, but they're ridiculously priced at $50 for what you get (same could be said of the Incase ones though).

I'm happy with my Booq sleeve, but it's crazy a soft sleeve costs so much.

RonJ83

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2004
SiNy
i got the zeroshock III from Shinza.com, i had one for my powerbook and i dropped it down the stairs, and the laptop still worked so i trust them.

CooLiSH

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2007
"BlackMax"

I use the Incase Nylon Sleeve for 13-inch MacBook (Black). Works great for me. It is really thin, has an inside pocket I use for the remote and has a removable strap. I found mine at CompUSA for five dollars less than they have it at the Apple store.

tj699lla_125.jpg

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=F7A10C11&nplm=TJ699LL/A

You said that you bought this case from CompUSA, i want the same case as the one you mentioned in the thread, where to find it ?

I dont want to get it from Apple coz its very expensive, where did you get it from ?

:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.