Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meg31816

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Hey everyone...

I am thinking about getting an iPad2 in a few weeks...really sick of my big bulky laptop (sadly not an apple product) and want something light and easy but want to also have the option of using the wireless keyboard.

I do pretty much of all of my computer use in bed, so I am wondering if there are any good stands/cases (that act as stands) that would allow me to comfortably use the ipad and wireless keyboard while sitting in bed?

Thank you!

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
I initially entertained the idea of using a bluetooth keyboard with my ipad but that idea went away after a couple weeks. I just use my pc if i have to type a long email or something.

I'm assuming you're thinking of something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Prop-Go-Lite-...8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331842258&sr=1-8

Or you could just get a folio case with a keyboard built in.

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Ke...5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331842468&sr=1-5

But honestly, I don't know if those are any good. Just helping with ideas!

meg31816

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I was looking at the Zagg Folio and really like that. But wondered how easily the ipad can be slipped in and out of the case/stand.

I was also thinking of just getting a sturdy case to prop it up and then using the wireless keyboard.

taylord22

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
In the same boat:

I want to watch Lynda videos and write in-bed + take my iPad to work for notes.

I was thinking about the zoogue case + apple wireless keyboard, but this seems like such a common iPad use that I'm baffled there's not a better option. Most of the integrated keyboard cases have either a poor case design, or a poor keyboard -- especially for someone with big hands (like myself)

The Clam Case might be the closest thing to an inclusive option, but it's expensive, semi-bulky, and unconfirmed (i believe) for fitting the new iPad.

Zaida

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2012
Best IPad stand for viewing in bed or on the coach.

Hi

I have been using the Levo floor stand for books and etablets for the last six months and it has made it easy to read without holding the with my ands.
I don't have to bend my neck forward. No more neck paid. Have a look at the website http://www.ebookholder.com.au

franfran639

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
EZ-BedStand will do the work

Try to look for ezbedstand on amazon, it totally do the work! and it's inexpensive

Zaida

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2012
Floor stand

No bad but it can't compare. Levo Floorstand is much better and much easier to use. don't need to hold it.

franfran639

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Look at the price then comment

How about look at the price? How many people can afford $159 for a stand ??
EZbedstand is only $40 and you can use it in multiple locations, besides it doesn't need hold it like you described.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.