Best case that works with Invisible Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by swy05, Jan 22, 2009.

1. swy05 macrumors 6502

So folks, looking for a case that works best with an Invisible Shield. I have the IS installed only on the back of my phone.

So far it seems like most cases won't fit with the IS installed. Since I only have it installed on the back, I'm hoping my chances are better.

So what case would offer the best protection while making the phone as slim as possible. I know I can't have my cake and eat it too but......

Protection in the front is important but.... not critical. As long as their is a gap between the screen and the edge of the case when face down, I'm good.

Thanks folks.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    My brother has an invisible shield on the back of his iphone too, and he uses the incase slider with it.

Also I have used silicone cases with mine with an invisible shield installed.

3. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

6. selena12321, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
  7. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

i dont see the point in having a IS and then another case? Surely the IS protects the iphone enough?

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Shock protection.

I had an Incase protective cover on my iPhone with a BG on but I'm looking for something slightly better.

9. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I went to the Apple store to look for a hard case that would fit over my full body IS and none of them fit. Original post.

10. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

my girl got a leopard skin from decalgirl...since it's basically the same as a IS back protector, does anyone think here griffin iclear will still work? hope I don't have to go buy a agent 18 or something.

anyone know about those decals?

11. bkw macrumors newbie

Another vote for switcheasy's capsule neo + skin. Fits like a charm! Just dont get the white one.

12. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

First of all, a skin and a slider does NOT work. It is a total nightmare to remove the phone with a skin on.

I have found that a Neo, Iskin Solo and Marware Flexi shell work great. And of course most silicone cases, but those are dust magnets.

Again an Incase Slider and a skin on the back is a recipe for trouble, DO NOT DO THAT. Bad info from the guy up above.

13. swy05 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for everyone's opinions.

I actually went ahead and got the Inspiretech full body case. I'm not sure why this case hasn't gotten more love. It might not be the flashiest or the most cutting edge case but, it just feels so good.

I'm actually pretty happy with the case. The fit is a teeny tight but, that's a given as I have a IS on the back.

But other than that, it fits the phone extremely well. I think this is one of the few cases that fit well with a IS on the back. The case is very form fitting but, hard enough to protect from dings and small drops. It has a decent sized lip to lay the phone face down.

And for less than $18 shipped, you can't go wrong with that price.