Best case the the iphone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by psl6978, Jul 10, 2008.

1. psl6978 macrumors newbie

im looking for a nice case for my 3g.. im thinking a silicon will do the trick. i dont want anything too bulky... i also dont want anything ill have to take out of the case every time to use the phone....

ebay has alot of stuff available, i just wanted some feedback

ps- the clear protective sheets for the iphone will def be bought!

thanks alot

2. dommmmmy macrumors newbie

try masking tape. it worked well for me 2g iphones

3. dommmmmy macrumors newbie

Honestly...check out iqase.com. I think they make the best cases for the iphone...hands down.

4. Lizzylicious macrumors newbie

Ghost Armor A+! Invisibileshield I dont know?

I just got Ghost Armor today on my 3G Iphone. The guy at AT&T basically made me buy it cause he said it was the best accessory for the iphone. So of course I bought it and it looks awesome! Ive never heard of invisibileshield so i couldnt tell you the difference all i know is that my Ghost Armor is just perfect :D the only part of the phone not covered is the buttons and its totally clear (I showed my friends my phone and they were playing with it for like 10 minutes then said I should get a case for it so it doesnt scratch haha they didnt even notice anything was on it) and the ghost armor doesnt scratch (or so they said I havent tried and not planning to either :p) and it doesnt affect the touch and has a lifetime warranty. So I dont know how it gets much better than this. But anyway If that helps any that was my personal experience of the day lol sorry I couldnt be of more help good luck

5. iRebecca27 Suspended

iRebecca27

get the invisibleshield it is amazing and lets you enjoy the slimness of your iPhone without worrying about scratches!
    http://www.invisibleshield.com
    I have it on my iPod nano. No complaints at all. I've dropped it many times, still no scratches. I decided to take it off and only leave it on the screen and click wheel, came off with no residue.
    If anything DOES happen to it, there is a lifetime warranty.

6. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

Get nothing for God's sake! The phone will last longer than you do. And by the way, how can anybody buy anything called "Ghost Armor" -- frigging funny:D
    WoW!

7. psl6978 thread starter macrumors newbie

i ordered the invisible shield the day before i got the iphone.... i will let you guys know how it is.. looks pretty solid though.... the videos the website has sold me on it

8. Wolf103FM macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

I'm waiting on the iskin revo for 3G. until it comes out, I got a crappy little neoprene case.

9. meagain macrumors 68030

psl6978 - can you Please post some pics of the Shield on your phone? No one has posted them yet.

10. sidewalkscenes macrumors newbie

what about something like this - http://www.nulime.com/Iphone-Clear-Hard-Case/p225412 - it's acrylic? or the belkin acrylic case? i have one of these types of cases for my ds and i love it.
    does anyone have a "hard" case for their iphone? im always in a hurry and just toss my phone in my purse :/

11. meagain macrumors 68030

Sidewalk - problem with those is sometimes people reported 'stuff' finding it's way under there in time - trapped - and slowly grinds away at the phone's finish. That's my big worry with those.

12. jakeacc macrumors regular

Just checked out the Ghost Armor website. Looks pretty impressive. I wish I could see what it looks like on a 3G iPhone. (to see how it fits the tapered edges)

For those of you that have the Ghost Armor, does it leave smudges? Is it PERMANENT? (or can I take it off?) From the demo video, it looked like he was literally glueing it onto the iPhone and said it needed to be blow-dried and cannot be powered on for 1 hour after application. That doesn't sound like a temporary skin. (and probably negates the Apple warrenty if I ever need to take my phone in for return/repair, no?)

13. doctorfresh macrumors newbie

Challenge

See the challenge above from Phil A. youtube contributors?

I wonder if the Ghost Armour can deal with:

1. An axe attack
    2. Sulphuric acid
    3. Nuclear strikes

Now those would make good video (and might even stop the Windoze clones from moaning about the iPhone. Maybe not)

Mind you, the lack of UK iPhones available might make this an unattractive idea. Just order one from O2 and, well, wait...

BTW for you 'pikeys' out there - if you are too tight to buy a decent case, just wrap your phone in several layers of Sellotape, or a carrier bag. Much cheaper.

14. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Consedering a Foofpod...

15. iamjoe16 macrumors newbie

As long as you don't get the red indicator wet... there isnt a way for them to know...

16. InTheAir macrumors regular

Any pictures of the ghost armor install?

17. meagain macrumors 68030

On an iPhone

18. taran420 macrumors 6502a

ok, if i put it on and i want to take it off in the future, can i?????, i am talking about body armour or invisble shield, thanks

19. InTheAir macrumors regular

Yes.

20. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

But with those films you have to use liquied which, in my oppinion just isnt right.. Electronics mixed with water --> Bad combo

21. meagain macrumors 68030

Ah - It's ok. You just do it over absorbant microfiber or something that won't lose lint/fibers or have your cloth ready when you push the water out. I just did my macbook air and there was water everywhere but it was ok. I even did around the keyboard, etc. Thousands put these things on their devices.

22. iamjoe16 macrumors newbie

23. jakeacc macrumors regular

So you're saying that the Ghost Shield is PERMANANT?

Still want to know if it smudges too.

24. higgalls macrumors regular

No its not permanant. Check this uTube video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnhxiCuVW6o

Cheers,
    Chris :)