Best case to prevent 6+ from bending in your pocket??

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
Since I always have my phone in my pocket all the time i'm worried about it getting bent. Anyone suggest the best case out there to prevent the 6+ from getting bent in my pocket??

I'm thinking of a metal case maybe but not much options right now.

Thanks

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
I wonder if those people put the case in their back pocket?

Maybe go with a Spigen Slim Armor which has a light weight polycarbonate shell in the middle.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-6/iphone-6-plus-case-slim-armor.html
I thought about that case but it's still plastic in the end. Not sure if this will prevent it from getting bent if I wear tight jeans.

They may have put the phones in their back pockets and got them bent, I would hate to bend mine. There's a video on 9to5mac that the person says his was just a little bent and had it in his front pocket for 2-3 days of use...

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/23/apple-iphone-6-plus-bend-test-video/

BrioBriss

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2013
Canada
Since I always have my phone in my pocket all the time i'm worried about it getting bent. Anyone suggest the best case out there to prevent the 6+ from getting bent in my pocket??

Thanks
I'm in the same boat than you, did you find something great yet?

neile45

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2011
I haven't had a case, and that seems like the best idea. I believe people taking the phone out, putting it back in the case could be an issue

hotdog4u

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
I thought about that case but it's still plastic in the end. Not sure if this will prevent it from getting bent if I wear tight jeans.

They may have put the phones in their back pockets and got them bent, I would hate to bend mine. There's a video on 9to5mac that the person says his was just a little bent and had it in his front pocket for 2-3 days of use...

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/23/apple-iphone-6-plus-bend-test-video/
read the review that maclove4life did on this section.

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA

Thanks
Something made out of kryptonite. But even then, it will still most likely bend.

Daveyote

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
Based off reviews on YouTube and general commentary I've seen around the web, the Spigen Tough Armor seems to do a good job against bending. I've got one and I'll be getting my 6+ on Monday, I'm still getting Apple Care+ to be safe, but I'd like to think the case will do a good job until Lifeproof releases theirs.

hotdog4u

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
Based off reviews on YouTube and general commentary I've seen around the web, the Spigen Tough Armor seems to do a good job against bending. I've got one and I'll be getting my 6+ on Monday, I'm still getting Apple Care+ to be safe, but I'd like to think the case will do a good job until Lifeproof releases theirs.
spigen is not really that great...maybe with bending..not front protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.