Best Case to protect against accidental drop

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by retrouk, Jul 30, 2017.

1. retrouk macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, been looking at different cases that will protect the iPad should it be accidentally dropped. Obviously not from a major height of course. The only case that I can find is the OtterBox Defender. However here in the UK, it is very expensive. Any other recommendations please? Thanks :)

2. David58117 macrumors 65816

I generally prefer lifeproof to otterbox. Lifeproof also does waterproofing, and have been great in the past. I think they're still working on the new iPad cases though.

3. retrouk thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi David58117, thanks for your reply and info. Will definitely have a look at Lifeproof cases and see if they are available here in the UK. When I did goto the Aplple store yesterday I was advised to make sure that the iPad is not dropped accidentally with just the Smart cover on it as it is likely to get damaged. No matter how careful you are with the iPad and any other products accidents can and will happen.

4. oxinthebox macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any idea how long Lifeproof takes to release a new design by any chance? I have the otterbox now but hate it and have been waiting for the new Lifeproof case forever! Ok maybe not forever but still.