Best case to protect iphone from drops?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zmanhoops, Jun 12, 2009.

1. zmanhoops macrumors newbie

Which case or cases do you think protect the iphone best from drops? I plan on getting a new case for the 3GS next week. I have the 3G now and have not dropped it more than 3 times or from any great heights. However, I would still like to have the peace of mind of a good case

2. pettit03 macrumors newbie

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Stay away from the silicone cases (unless it's heavily padded), if you're concerned about impact protection.

4. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

I would say stay away from hard shell cases, unless it's heavily padded.

5. Section10 macrumors newbie

So far a self-made case made from EVA foam or cell foam is the best option but involves ideas, trial and error and tiiime. It would necessarily involve bulkiness in order to cushion a fall. I think most companies are afraid to market a bulky case so they dont bother.

6. Synthetickiller macrumors regular

Many would consider this bulky.

Speck Tough Skin
    [​IMG]

7. otterboxguy macrumors newbie

Otterbox4phones.com

You guys know by now these smart phones aren't cheap and they do deserve right kind of protection. Especially walking around with them in and out of your hands all day. The first drop could ruin that phone entirely and you don't want to pay the $100 deductible to replace that. The best solution by far are thee otterbox cases! I have a unlimited stock for all android phones posted at www. otterbox4phones.com . I happened to notice that the Galaxy Nexus will be out soon and I will be looking forward to getting an otterbox cases for that as well. if you are interested please visit my site and leave a comment to post that case and I will get that to you asap! Until then feel free to browse the site to look at everything else we have to offer.

[​IMG]

8. Atmosphere macrumors member

personally, i'll make a compromise between protection and appearance.

i wouldn't own something like a MBP or iPad only to wrap it with heavy shielding either. part of the reason i purchased an iphone is for its elegance. nobody heavily shrouds a nice car to protect from scratches or collisions, so why do it with a phone?

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep