Best case to read with

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ratboy90, Aug 4, 2011.

1. ratboy90 macrumors 6502

ratboy90

I use my iPad mainly for reading newspapers and like to flip the case back and just hold it with one hand. Any good case you'd recommend for me? I commute also quite a bit

2. xeros, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

xeros macrumors newbie

I recommend smart libretto from bella cases, if you like genuine leather cases... Like smart cover, it provides different standing options....

3. KingFrog macrumors newbie

4. ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO macrumors member

i try not to have any case on my ipad when i read.
    it gets too heavy..i need some lighter case for my ipad.:mad:

5. MathRulz macrumors regular

FYI--Cyber Acoustics has a subsidiary, Maroo, that sells these cases with many more options in terms of cover designs. The explanation for that was that Cyber Acoustics doesn't sound like the name of an iPad case maker.

http://www.maroo.com/product_list.cfm?pc=11

I have the Kumara II. When using the iPad to read, I do use the backstrap to hold with one hand. However, I am usually resting the iPad on something as well because of the weight issue mentioned by the alphabet killer.

6. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

ratboy90 What case did you end up with? I have the switcheasy canvas and it is terrible for reading in portrait. Looking for a new case to read with.

7. JerZyT28 macrumors regular

Marware micro shell folio ftw! I love this case

8. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

How does that case work when you are holding it in portrait? Does is front loose like It is with the switcheasy canvas?

9. swedefish macrumors 6502

For holding and reading in portrait I would recommend an M-Edge case from their soon to be discontinued Trip or Executive series. M-Edge is known for making some of the best Kindle cases so they know how to cater to readers (although I find their new iPad offerings a bit questionable). Anyway, you can pick up a Trip or Executive case for very cheap right now as they're both on sale as they're being discontinued. I shall add that I have had my Trip case for a year and I am pleased with it overall. Leather plus canvas is an attractive combination, but I wish I had chosen a colourful canvas instead of the black which is a dust magnet. However, it's scotchgard protected and easy to wipe with a damp cloth.

10. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Oh wow those are good deals. Do the Trip or Executive have a stand up view (Like the smart cover)? or is it just for holding? I am thinking about getting the mocha executive.

11. swedefish macrumors 6502

Nope, no stand functionality. These are very straightforward, discreet notebook style cases. Also, don't be fooled by the mount - the elastic is very strong and the iPad will sit tightly protected in the case with the benefit being that it's really easy to remove the case when you want to use the iPad naked.

12. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Thanks for the response. Do you find it a pain that it doesn't have a stand function?

13. swedefish macrumors 6502

Nope, I basically only use my iPad to read and mark up pdf docs and for occasional browsing and emails and a few other novelty apps. I have a stylus for markup but I have all but given up on ever being able to type on it or perform any work that requires text input. As for a stand for watching movies, etc. I am one of those people who don't watch TV or movies. I have a few radio apps, that's all. (and believe it or not, I am in my 20s)

14. dqfayi macrumors regular

One of my friend recommended me a case for my iPad which is made of leather. Based on the pictures my friend showed: Smart and elegant. However, I don't know where to buy this case called cath kidston iPad 2 case. Who can help me?