best case (UK)?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aoaaron, Oct 28, 2010.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

hey, whats the best case to buy to eliminate the signal problems AND protect my iphone?

ideally within a year, i'd like the phoen to be in very good condition. i usually end up wrecking my stuff. :(

2. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

I've personally used 3 cases and 1 'sleeve' in the past on my iP4

1. Apple Bumper case - Bought on launch with the phone -
    Pro's - Raised frond and/or back when laid on a desk etc, easy access to all but one function, looks great
    Cons - hard to use mute switch, sticky rubber when putting in a trouser/shirt pocket (can't just drop it in there), little front/back protection from direct impact

2. Incase crystal clear case - Apple case scheme -
    Pro's - clear case can see whole phone, easy to get on the phone, can access all functions
    Cons - Difficult ++++ to remove! (scratched metal on side of phone!), dust magnet, even though it is thin it seemed bulky on the phone.

3. Incipio feather - bought from shop as i liked my old 3G feather -
    Pro's - Light, thin, good looking, easy to remove and apply to phone (when you know the knack!)
    Con's - rubberised texture wears off VERY quickly, not much protection offered to phone

4. iPod Sock - bought AAAGGGEEEESSS ago -
    Pro's - protects from scratches, looks good
    Con's - no/very little impact protection.

So all in all most iPhone 4 cases offer limited protection of some sort, bumper offers slight impact protection but only sides, incipio feather and incase crystal offer side and back protection and the ipod sock gives scratch protection. It really is what you do with it depends on what you use.

If you want a large amount of protection you could go here: http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-4-De...XX_color=20&start=1&cgid=apple-iphone-4-cases
    And see what the otterbox defender offers you - but do you want unneccessary bulk? Or do you need the bulk to protect your phone (if you are that clumsy/damage phones a lot!)?

One last thing, do you use docks etc - i do and i can tell you even with the feather i cannot use most of my docks so i opt for the bumper for out and about - take it off in the car and dock it in my tomtom dock, keep the case in my car ready for the next day, i have the feather with the iPod sock in the wife's car so i can use that if we're in her car going somewhere and the incase is gathering dust on my desk!

Obviously i havent tried them all and it's a personal choice go on the accessories forum and there will be lots of reviews on there to help

3. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

my friend has a case which has a bumper AND a plastic or some type of cover for the back of the phone

4. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

5. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

I got a Speck CandyShell from Amazon.co.uk and never looked back. Its a very nice case, with great protection and fit.

I've had no fraying issues at all with the silicon and it feels great in your hand.
    Has a good lay on the table design which is a must for me.