Best Case???

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iChillax, Oct 2, 2010.

1. iChillax macrumors regular

iChillax

What is the best case for the iPhone 4 on the market right now? :apple::D

2. psywzrd macrumors 68030

You're going to have to be way more specific as far as what you're looking for in a case if you want people to make suggestions. There are so many different styles and levels of protection and it really depends on what your needs/wants are. Let us know what you want in a case and I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions.

3. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Anything thats not made out of metal, aluminum, uses screws, tools, makes the phone twice as big, or cost .01 with $4.99 shipping.

4. Resist macrumors 68030

You really have to define what your parameters for a "best case" are.

But it really is about how much protection you want for your iPhone, depending on the environment in which you use your device. For instance, I use an Otterbox Defender case for use outdoors. While indoors, I prefer the minimalist design of the Incase Slider or Default case.

5. iChillax thread starter macrumors regular

iChillax

Looking for a silicone case that protects the back and sides but not bulky and kinda bounces when it falls.

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'd stay away from silicone and get tpu. Look at the Incipio NGP or Speck Pixelskin HD.

7. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

I'd Say iLuv Spectrum or Incipio DermaShot. The iLuv is only $9 on mygearstore, use code Nascar30 and get for $6. It normally retails for 20 and comes with a crystal screen protector. I have a Blue and Red one, they're both good. Plus on MGS the Black one is $1 cheaper, so its about $5 after the coupon code

8. psywzrd macrumors 68030

The reason I said to get TPU rather than silicone is because silicone tends to be flimsy and it sticks in your pockets. TPU is a harder material while still be flexible and it doesn't catch lint or stick in your pocket.

9. Planenutok macrumors newbie

Otterbox commuter best of both worlds soft and hard case.

10. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I use a Mophie Air Juicepack and an Otterbox Impact Gel in black for when I'm in and out of the car or my office and won't need extended power.

[​IMG]

11. Resist macrumors 68030

I totally agree with this statement! I tried a silicone case once and after a while it got very flimsy, to point that it became useless.

12. daemonite macrumors member

kinda like going to someone and asking whats the best religion...

each case has it's pro's and con's.

I'd agree on TPU unless you keep your phone in a bag or purse. Silicone makes it sticky and a lint magnet!

13. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Is there no end to the repetition of this inane question???

The best case is the Snipe Case.

14. iChillax thread starter macrumors regular

iChillax

k thanks. I might wait for the otterbox impact case or go for a commuter..

15. Sir Sensei macrumors newbie

My personal favorite silicone cases are Switcheasy's colors and Speck's Pixelskin.

The Colors line is a great slim option, since you get full coverage for all your buttons, and optional dust covers for the dock and headphone ports. I also like the simple looks and the "jellybean" home button, but others don't. Switcheasy also includes two clear screen protectors with the case, and at $15 it's easily one of the best values out there if you like silicone cases.

I like the Pixelskin because it's nice and thick. The square designs on the case add to it's grip but it also adds to it's ability to catch lint :(. Still, thanks to it's thickness, you're pretty well protected in a good drop. I have before and my phone has bounced with this case on, phone unscathed. It goes for $25 MSRP, but you can find it for less than $20 elsewhere.

16. rob1261 macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 Griffin Elan Form Graphite

I tired many cases and ended up with the Griffin Elan Form Graphite. It is a 2 piece case. You lay the phone into the case and then snap on the frame piece. Works great. Not to bulky but has good protection. Easy access to all the controls. Large opening for camera and flash. Large opening for headphone jack and dock connector. It has a muli-layer design to offer some impact protection. Has a great feel to it also. Provides very good grip for back and sides. And it looks good on the phone. Retails for $34.95. I got on ebay for $21.

Attached Files:

17. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have both the Speck pixelskin hd and the candyshell and I think I rather use candyshell more, cause it offers much better protection

18. chanerz macrumors 6502a

After all this cases, I finally settled with SGP Ultra Thin Case Glossy White.

19. bullseyetech macrumors member

bullseyetech

Switcheasy Rebel definitely! It combines style and protection :) it's my favourite case by a huge distance so far but I also recommend the Speck Candyshell:apple:

20. iChillax thread starter macrumors regular

iChillax

i ordered the otterbox impact case so hopefully its good!!! :)

21. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

Check out SGP's Neo Hybrid case. it's stunning :)

22. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

There are a huge amount of good cases out there and it all depends on what you are looking for. There isn't a single "best" case. There are a lot of best cases out there. You can check a few of them on Gadgetmac. :)