Best Case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghsNick, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I'm seriously considering this case.

It'll be my fist case and I was wondering if you guys had any input or better suggestions? I just want to make sure my case doesn't cause my 15in MBP to overheat. I also want protection and portability but my main issue is to keep it from overheating.

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

There is no "best" case on a subjective question/topic. Get what you like ;)

3. palpatine macrumors 68040

Page is still loading. Slow site. Grrr... Please put the name. Judging by the link, I guess you are talking about the Speck hardcase. I have an Elecom clear hard case (for all intents and purposes the same?). I like it quite a bit, and it has already saved my MBP from one gash, so it has paid for itself.

4. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Can you link me to yours? Yeah it's the Speck Hardcase Clear

5. palpatine, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

palpatine macrumors 68040

This is a link to the Elecom case I have.
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/ELECOM-ハードケース-MacBookPro用-13インチ-SC-PCAMP13/dp/B002ZCYRXM

I don't think there is any significant difference between it and the speck case, but I have seen people say the speck case blocks the battery button on the left side of the computer. Maybe someone here can confirm whether that is true. All I can say is that nothing is blocked with the elecom case.

edit: i just looked at the review on that site. they gave it one star because they claimed the case made it impossible to connect the power cable correctly. that is not true of mine, so ignore that low rating. also, i should add that i think the mbp actually looks better with the clear case on. its like a glossy coating that looks like part of the design. i love it.

6. SAVAGE5 macrumors member

SAVAGE5

7. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

That link is strait Chinese lol
    But yeah I definitely want a clear case for looks...and I searched Amazon (America) and couldn't find that case?

8. palpatine macrumors 68040

japanese. i don't know if the elecom case is sold outside japan. the speck seems identical from pictures i have seen.

9. ///KM macrumors member

I have the InCase Hardshell case, and it's been great thus far - after a month or two, I took the case out and checked for dust scratches, found none. I then also applied Invisible Shield at that time, and the case still fits fine over it.

Reason I chose InCase over Speck is because it has perforated vent holes along 1/2 of the bottom of the case, vs vent holes on 1/4 of the bottom on the Speck. Not sure if the vent holes make any difference for heat, but that's why I chose it.

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/hardshell-case-cl57186m

Some people claim that it blocks the lid from opening all the way - it doesn't. If it does, it's improperly installed.

10. guvna macrumors newbie

11. eC1990ho macrumors member

I'm really considering getting one of those, despite the pricecard

12. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

Speck is great. I recommend the Satin hard cases from them. Buy it from Amazon.com, though, it's a lot cheaper.

13. X3NIA macrumors member

14. eC1990ho macrumors member

Judging from the pics you won't have any trouble plugging in the charger.

15. amycishere macrumors 6502

I just bought this for my 13'' pro and I absolutely love it. I have only had it for about two days but I am not expecting any problems with overheating. I wanted a different case besides Speck as I wasn't too impressed with the Speck with my macbook. Plus, I loved that casemate had a green option.