Best cases for droppage protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by abooch1, Jan 27, 2011.

1. abooch1 macrumors regular

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

asked about once a week but why not another thread on it! :rolleyes: Otterbox!

3. shakeman0, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Otterbox defender probably has the best drop protection. I also like the looks of the iSkin Revo4. It looks like it provides nice protection as well. There are also Ballistic Cases which are supposed have nice protection and there is the Case-Mate tough, which is really just a hunk of silicon. The Speck Candyshell is a nice case as well offering sufficient drop protection while still sliding in an out of your pocket. Or, you might like the look of the Speck Toughshell.

Otterbox Defender

iSkin Revo4

Ballistic Cases

Case-Mate Tough

Speck Candyshell

Speck Toughshell

4. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

5. himesh macrumors regular

6. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Defender, Ballistic HC, and the Speck Candyshell seem to be the best for me.

Overall the Candyshell offers the best drop to size ratio. It is pretty small but mine has survived many drops and overall mistreatments.

Also do not expect the Case-mate tough to protect your phone totally. The bottom of the phone has little to no protection. If it hits on that side you are screwed.

7. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

It looks like the Defender has a built in screen protector. Will the defender work if I have a PowerSupport anti-glare screen protector already installed on the iphone 4?

8. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Yes but it may leave permanent impressions on it after you remove the phone from the case.

9. psyduckiee macrumors regular

OtterBox Defender is the best for the ultimate protection. As for screen protectors, use the generic ones from ebay and it'll fit fine.

10. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

What do you mean?

11. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

12. psyduckiee macrumors regular

Inside the defender is hard plastic that has ridges and indentations on the frame itself from the inside. When it is pressed against your screen with the screen shield on, it causes the frame of the defender to dent your screen protector.

13. abooch1 thread starter macrumors regular

Ive heard the defender gets dust and particles under the screen cover which can cause scratches to your screen.?

14. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I'll say it again, the Impact Band provides superior drop protection even over the OtterBox Defender.

15. psyduckiee macrumors regular

If you're worried about scratches than order a few screen protectors off ebay and slap it on your screen before you use the Defender. I do it and it works fine and my screen is scratch free.