iPad Best cases for IPad air?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Banshe, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Banshe macrumors newbie

Hi,

I hade a Targus case for my IPad 2 and it have worked great! It even have the magnet that get stock on the screen and closes the display.

Now Im on the hunt for a case for the IPad air and found the Targus IPad air case that looked much like the old one. Thay have however replaced the magnet with a strap and thats not fun at all.

I know that Apple have there own cases in real leather but thay ask to much for a simple case.

Do you have any good suggestions?

2. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

It's probably a good idea to say what country you are in (it's missing from your profile), MacRumors is a pretty international forum.

3. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

I went shopping for cases yesterday.

When it came down to it, all the cases looked and felt unappetizing. Many enlarge the Air or have weird stitching or unwelcome attachments and space for accessories, etc.

So I spent the $80 for the Apple case. It's leather, it's slim, it's a good utility, and the iPad will last me for 5 years or more, so why not spend the 1/7th extra to protect the device?

4. Robster3 macrumors 68000

5 Years holy batman it will die a slow death before then.

5. Banshe thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, sorry, Im living in Sweden.

5 years! Hop its possible to switch battery for cheap.

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

OP, find a cheap slipcase and go naked on the Air.

Save your money and add no weight.

7. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I got the smart case and I can't stand it, it's going back today. Feel it turned my Air into an iPad 4 and made it look childlike.

8. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

I agree I hate the new smart case. I'm using the Smart Cover for now. I might get a back case to go with it to buy a cheap case.

9. Banshe thread starter macrumors newbie

I don´t like slipcases it jut feels backward to take a pad out an in of a cover that way.

A simple silicon protection would probably be enouth for me but I suspect that it will not be easy to find a good fit today.

----------

I was infact thinking of getting the real Apple Smart Case even when it so expensive. There is not really a lot of choises right now for the air.

But when a case is so expensive it should also be perfect.

10. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

There isn't much choice yet, some HK and China sellers are showing TPU cases, but I'd wait and see if any European retailers get them this week. There was an Amazon UK seller with slim folio cases if you want that sort of case.

11. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I thought I would have loved the Smart Case but decided against it when I saw it.

1) It looks cheap (almost the same as the original Smart Case which wasn't leather)
    2) It is expensive

The leather smart cover for the iPad2 looked like an expensive piece of leather.

I went with the Air Smart Cover.
    It was reasonable and I got the Air for lightness, I can easily remove the cover.
    Not so much with that case.

I would have loved the tan/brown color of the case but they don't offer it in the cover.

12. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

U guys might not go this route, but for those who buy iPads every one to two years, Invellop's iPad cases on Amazon are worth it to me. They're only 25 bucks, leather, and super thin. I bought one for my 3 and it lasted for a good year and a half before the leather began to start ripping.

I just bought their case for my 5S for 5 bucks and very happy with it as well.

13. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

can you post photos of your iphone and ipad please thanks

14. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I went with a red Smart Cover and Belkin rear snap shield.

15. illuminoraa macrumors newbie

Just picked up a trifold belkin case that I'm very happy with...still says it's available preorder only but I snagged one at my local bestbuy mobile shop...they had a better selection than my big best buy! It was $40 with no magnets but it's light and offers good protection :)

16. Rushafrommyhous macrumors newbie

Logitech folio for ipad air

Just bought this beautiful deep plum colored case at best buy but it was $49.00. Am probably going to return it when get iBlason sleeve in mail. I also ordered logitech keyboard folio and want something to put that in when traveling, etc.

17. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I'm unable to post at the moment but here's the links to the two cases on Amazon. I love the cases. If you don't like the bumper cover cases that leave the top and bottom of the phone exposed, u won't like it. The leather doesn't feel cheap FYI.

http://www.amazon.com/INVELLOP-Black-Leatherette-Cover-Generation/dp/B00FAMAQQG/ref=pd_bxgy_pc_img_y

http://www.amazon.com/INVELLOP-Blac...11877&sr=1-12&keywords=Invellop+iPhone+5+case

18. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

yeah that looks like a great case for the Air. I am not a fan of leather and a bit hesitant of getting it. But I need a solution until Caudabe comes out with a case for the Air. I think I will try it.

19. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

our ipad 1 is still going strong

20. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's not likely to be made of leather. The fact that description uses the word leatherette strongly indicates that. Its the word normally used to describe something as leather like. Most likely its made of polyurethane. This is the annoying thing about a lot of manufacturers who sell online.

They tend to be misleading by describing their products in such a way that you think they are made of leather when in reality they are made of an artificial material that looks like leather. I always read the description and if it doesn't clear state its made of leather then I won't even consider it.

21. gonzoguy24 macrumors member

Well maybe some people prefer faux leather perhaps if they are vegan.

22. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Why would that be? Are these cases edible? :confused:

Actually its easy to tell whats real leather and whats not. The price is your giveaway. Real leather isnt cheap. Period. ;)

23. gonzoguy24 macrumors member

I thought vegans (hardcore ones) don't use any products made from animals. Anyway, I like the Smart Cover! But I'll probably try a few more cases.

Do you guys like keyboard cases?