Best cases for the RMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JSub, Jun 15, 2012.

1. JSub macrumors newbie

I just picked up one of these RMBP and I wanted to see if you guys had recommendations for cases. I play to carry it around in my backpack but would like an extra layer of protection for it.

Will cases for the last generation 15inch inch MBP work for the new RMBP? I see that the incase is pretty popular and was looking for something along those lines...something that has cushion, tight fit and will fit into another carrying bag. I really appreciate your guys' input!

2. thetechteen macrumors member

Very few cases have already been made for the rMBP. The regular MBP cases will work, BUT they won't be as snug as they should be. Wait a couple weeks for the right one to be released, or buy one now and return it when the new ones come out.

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The new Retina MBP is a bit shorter in length and width and is of course thinner than the previous design. Actual snap on cases most likely will not work.

Case manufacturers have only known about the Retina MBP design since Monday and probably haven't actually gotten physical units for fit testing until recently (if they have one at all yet).

4. wmage macrumors member

Looks like Speck cases will be available soon - you can subscribe to a mailing list on their website.

I had a black one for MacBook Air - those things are awesome! Great protection and great looks if you're a fan of old Black MacBook style.

5. EpsilonExordium macrumors member

EpsilonExordium