Best CD/DVD burning software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Steve121178, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

As the title says, what would you recommend? I mainly want to create audio CD's and burn data to DVD for backup purposes.

A free app would be great but I don't mind paying for something that's really good. (Not keen using iTunes to create CD's...).

Thanks.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. Fishrrman macrumors G3

Without question, "Toast Titanium" is the premier app for CD/DVD burning and content creation on the Mac.

But as Weaselboy suggested above, try "Burn" first -- it may be all that you need.

There is also another free app out there you might try called "SimplyBurns".

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Burn, or simply a right click and burn will work if you aren't after anything sophisticated like menus, custom audio etc etc.

I guess Roxio is probably the best and we do have a copy installed on one machine....it does a great job with BRD too, but it's not the cheapest option out there.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You can create audio or mp3 CDs with iTunes, and burn data to CDs/DVDs from Finder. No need to get alternatives.

6. netslacker macrumors 6502

As mentioned by Dave, there's support for what you want to do built into iTunes for audio CD or finder for data CD/DVD. Disk Utility can also burn various disk images. After many years on a Mac I've never used anything else to burn a disk other than when I created a movie DVD.

7. Steve121178 thread starter macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Ok, some good info here. Thanks for the replies.

8. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

Disk Spanning Backup

I do like Burn. I haven't checked if there is anything new with it. What I missed with Toast is Disk Spanning. So that way you can just burn a Folder full of stuff and it will span to disk automatically.