Best cd's used for burning music

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cbbob, May 22, 2010.

1. cbbob macrumors member

I'd like to know what people use to burn music and data cd's. In other words what do you think the best CD is

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

"I'd like to know what people use to burn music and data cd's. In other words what do you think the best CD is"

I've had zero problems with Verbatim over the past several years. Always a "good burn". The few failures I've had have been due to something that I might have done while the burn was in progress, but never due to bad media.

Properly stored and cared for, they "hold up", too.

I would recommend two ways to get them:

1. Go to salescircular.com every Sunday and keep an eye out for sales at local stores, or….

2. Go to newegg.com and see which Verbatims are on sale. I just picked up a 100 pack spindle there for $16.19 delivered (used a coupon code they gave me).

3. MacTech68, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Vote #2 for Verbatim.

I've been burning CDs since a single 700MB blank cost AUD$14 :eek:

Tried many brands but find Verbatim the most consistent. They are also one of the very few brands recommended by most burner manufacturers.

Cheap brands might be cheap but as a friend experienced, the same cheap branded pack may actually change the manufacturer even though you've bought the same cheap brand.

If you want to identify the media, try DVD Media Inspector which has just had a much needed update 16th May! :) It requires a minimum OS of 10.5 now, the older version will run on 10.4 but is limited to drives and media types.
    ________
    easy vape