Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spazz75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2017
I am finding that the charger that came with my IPad Mini 4 is giving me the best charge from any third party charger. When I use the OEM charger, I normally get 12 hours on a full charge, but when I use a third party wall charger, I get about 10 hours. Has anyone else notice this?

spazz75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2017
The oem charger takes longer to fully charge my IPad and therefore giving me a much longer battery life on the IPad.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I am finding that the charger that came with my IPad Mini 4 is giving me the best charge from any third party charger. When I use the OEM charger, I normally get 12 hours on a full charge, but when I use a third party wall charger, I get about 10 hours. Has anyone else notice this?

If the third-party charger does not use the correct voltage for charging the device, it will naturally charge the device at a slower rate.

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Third party chargers? Be careful,some of those might be dangerous. I usually prefer to pay the extra money for an original Apple charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.