Best charging cable and best external battery

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
Hey guys

My lightning usb for my iPhone needs replacing. Before I buy the bog standard one I was wondering if anyone can recommend another charging cable to try. In addition the voltage of the plug I should use( currently in Spain using an adapter for an Ozzie plug.

In addition, I'm thinking of buying a backup external battery as ios10.3.2 is killing battery time, has anyone got recommendation for this?

Thanks guys

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
Thanks buddy

I've heard mixed reviews about anker, perhaps because they are so popular.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
2nd Anker for their external battery. I picked one up earlier this year and it's been fantastic so far. As for charging cable, I'm going to rec Native Union. It's a recent purchase for me but based on reviews and my very limited experience so far, it's pretty nice looking & sturdy cable. Plus, it seems like an excellent company for customer service.

Reactions: QueenTyrone

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Anker. Powerline II is very durable and comes with a lifetime warranty.

I've heard mixed reviews about anker, perhaps because they are so popular.
Anytime you're looking at reviews for anything look at trends, not individual data points. You can always find someone griping about something. Are they the norm or the outlier?

ihonda

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2009
I like the mophine power plus XL. It's not the largest power bank but it has the built in lightning and micro USB cable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.