Best 'CHEAP' earphones/buds ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Keltic, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Keltic macrumors newbie

I've read all the posts pertaining to 'best' earphones for the Iphone 4.
    Unfortunately I'm not a big audiophile and wouldn't really know the difference between a $150 and a $350 headset.

I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between those and a $10 set!

However, after my Iphone earbuds went missing my wife bought me a replacement set from BestBuy for $44.
    They have a mic but do not have volume controls and were the same as the 'old generation' set from previous Iphones.

BestBuy sells the ones with mic AND volume controls on their website with free shipping for $39!!
    So, it was a definite ripoff buying In Store.

What I want to know is does anyone buy headsets under $50?
    If so, are there any people could recommend?
    On the Best Buy website and also on Amazon and Ebay there are very attractive earphones for less than $40 - sometimes as low as $8.
    BestBuy are currently selling Sony ones for $23 and they look good but what is the sound like?

Has anyone any experience with 'cheap' headsets?
    I've seen many complaints about these and other 'fake' sets but are there any POSITIVE reviews for sets under $40?
    Are there any that are better than the Iphone ones?
    Is it possible to get a set for under $40 that will have decent sound and have a mic and volume controls just like the original IPhone 4?

I would settle for decent sound and just a mic, minus the volume controls.
    There has to be at least one set that someone has tried and could recommend.

There are quite a few on the BestBuy website and other sites that are under $50.
    Any ideas / recommendations?

2. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Unfortunately they don't have a mic or volume controls but the Sennheiser CX300 II is one of the best in ear headphones I've found in the budget price range.

3. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Do some searching on head-fi.org.

There are many more people searching for the best 'cheap' iPhone earbuds than there are searching for the more expensive ones....