Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
I'm looking for an app to transfer songs that were originally ripped from cd's on iTunes on a different machine and then put on my iPhone...and now I want to be able to take those songs, which I own the cd's for but don't want to reburn hundreds of discs (as if I could find them all!), onto my Mac's iTunes library.

Can someone recommend a (free?) method for doing that? Is there a sneaky method with console or some free app out there that works well for doing that task?

Thanks!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I'm looking for an app to transfer songs that were originally ripped from cd's on iTunes on a different machine and then put on my iPhone...and now I want to be able to take those songs, which I own the cd's for but don't want to reburn hundreds of discs (as if I could find them all!), onto my Mac's iTunes library.

Can someone recommend a (free?) method for doing that? Is there a sneaky method with console or some free app out there that works well for doing that task?

Thanks!
If your songs are originally ripped to a computer, and stored in an iTunes library, then you want to transfer it to another pc or Mac, simply copy everything in your iTunes library and let your iTunes installed on another pc or Mac recognise this library, and you are all set.

I am not so clear about your cd. Could I assume not all your cd are able to find due to some reasons?

I am sorry I couldn't help you more.

Have a nice day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.