Best Cheapest Battery Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Demonface, May 17, 2012.

1. Demonface macrumors 6502a

Well my question is in the title. I would like to know whats the cheapest and the best battery case for the iPhone 4S . I would also like to know which one offers the best charging times.

Thanks.

2. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

If by best charging times, you mean the fastest, just beware that this is worse for your iphone battery than a normal charge speed. There are some cases that are as cheap as 20 bucks, with at least 1500mAh in the battery pack, but I wouldn't trust them at all since there are ideal specs for charging the iphone battery like current, voltage, and charge time. Most low end manufacturers won't even list these specs because they don't really want you to know whether or not they're in line with the Apple specified charging method.

I saw a case on eBay with a 2,200mAh battery that said it could charge an iPhone in about 20 minutes. No thanks! I would keep something like that as far away from my iPhone as possible.

I would personally recommend any of the popular brand cases because although they cost a little more, getting a Mophie or an Incipio or Incase battery pack means you're getting an Apple certified accessory that charges the battery the way it should.

I use a Mophie juice pack plus and it works great. You could get a Mophie Juice pack air to save some dough, or just go to amazon and search "iphone 4 battery case," to see some additional options. Just remember to thumb through the reviews and to get something that is Apple certified. You don't want your battery blowing up in your face... (Although I only heard of that happening once and it was some cheap 2 dollar plug in, not even a full case, just an external battery.)

3. gpsouza, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012

gpsouza macrumors 6502

gpsouza

4. Demonface thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. gpsouza macrumors 6502

gpsouza

Sure, but I guess is worth trying... I may buy one in future.

6. Demonface thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would buy it but right now I cant really throw away good money , I have to buy something which is legit and actually worth the price.

7. gpsouza macrumors 6502

gpsouza

Same problem here lol

8. Demonface thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol oh well guess we gotta wait til someone else buys it and says the results.