Best, cheapest router?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nihao1234, Sep 12, 2009.

1. nihao1234 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

On the market right now, what would you consider the BEST and CHEAPEST solution for my needs? We've had an old linksys since 2005, and it's chugged along well; however, the devices that we need it to work with (PS3, Apple TV, 3 laptops and ipods) are all very far apart from each other. thus, the signal isn't the greatest on the apple TV (which is a couple rooms away from the PS3, for example). as well, i wouldn't mind taking advantage of 802.11n technology!

I know that I could just buy an airport extreme and call it a day, but to be honest that's $180 I don't feel like parting with now when I'm almost positive there has to be something (i.e. a netgear or another linksys) that can do the trick for $50. So, what do you think? it has to be fast and have great range!

Thanks!!

2. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

The Airport express is really nice, and in the .n-range it's actually not that expensive.

3. ungraphic macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

Um, I'd consider the Airport Express double the price of the 'cheapest yet decent' N range routers. I can get a 'good' Dlink N router for half the price, which also includes 4 ethernet ports.

However, I love the Airport Express for its simplicity.