best cleaner for mac screens and case? iklear? etc?

charlestrippy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Tampa, Florida
So i've read that many of the other products used to clean mac screen's and such can actually harm the screen. I see that apple obviously sells a product called Iklear, however, $25 seems kind of expensive for simply a "wash"....does any one have any suggestions of alternative products...or if Iklear is so "perfect" where to maybe get my hands on it at a little more reasonable price?

thanks!!!

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I think several members use a dampened lint-free very very soft cloth to wipe their screens.

I do use iKlear and I got it from a brick & mortar Fry's (if you want to find it online, see outpost.com). It was slightly discounted compared to the MSRP of $24.95, I paid about $20. But the 5 oz bottle seems huge-- think it'll last me for quite a few years. :eek:

Attachments

charlestrippy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Tampa, Florida
devilot said:
I think several members use a dampened lint-free very very soft cloth to wipe their screens.

I do use iKlear and I got it from a brick & mortar Fry's (if you want to find it online, see outpost.com). It was slightly discounted compared to the MSRP of $24.95, I paid about $20. But the 5 oz bottle seems huge-- think it'll last me for quite a few years. :eek:
really? thanks! i guess $20 isn't a terrible price - espically if it lasts that long.

anyone else have any suggestions too? :p

riciad

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
I've been using OmniCleanz from Radtech for 2 years with no cpmplaints.
It came with a cleaning cloth as well.

Can't remember how much it cost, but it was only an 118ml bottle and it's still going strong.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Hi, I use iClean but iKlear is what some of the AppleStores use so it's whatever you want to get. Mine is a 45ml bottle (spray) that came with a soft cloth and even though I use it two or three times a week it has lasted me almost a year. You really don't need to use much and the cloth can be hand washed using some of the spray and warm water :)