Best clear 3GS case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JamesHP, Feb 6, 2010.

1. JamesHP macrumors regular

Mentioned in another thread that I'm getting a black 3GS in a couple of weeks, so I'm looking for a case. I like the original design of the iPhone so I'd prefer a clear case and one that doesn't add too much bulk to the phone. I'm generally quite careful but a bit of shock protection would be a bonus but not absolutely necessary; maybe just for minor bumps. The main reason I'm getting one is to keep the back from scratching. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. V4705 macrumors 6502

maybe case-mate barely-there clear, not a lot of drop protection but looks fine.

i think clear plastic cases looking really good only on white iphones, on a black it's always make a strange dark-gray for me.

that might help you: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=781999
    in the end i ordered agent18 clearshield, but it's too big.

3. lsatblu macrumors newbie

Switheasy nude. I'm using the black version but the clear version should be the closest thing you can get to a naked phone.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Agent18 clearshield i a good choice, you can also get 15% off with "A18Nir"

5. kicko macrumors 65816

I agree with that, i wanted to try the clear nude on my black phone. It does mention it has a UV coating that protects from scratches but honestly how well does that work? I always wanted to try a clear case but that scratch so easy and look like junk in 5min or less.

Then again were protecting the phone so if your not a typical OCD iphone user then that would be the best choice.

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I used my clear Switcheasy Nude for less than a day and it already had scratches on it. I ended up sending it back because of that, the fact that it was a fingerprint magnet and because it was too slippery. I also noticed that it was a lint magnet as well so it was a no-brainer for me to send it back. I will say that I loved the way it added virtually no bulk to the phone and how clear it was (when there weren't fingerprints all over it of course;)).

7. kicko macrumors 65816

Thanks for the feedback. I was going to buy one for kicks.

8. GXT macrumors newbie

All of the plastic cases scratch easily...

but that is certainly better than scratches on the back of you iPhone.

I've had mine for over 18 months, it looks a bit worn but the scratches are very fine and basically just dull the surface. The back of my iPhone looks like the day I bought it.

The hard plastic seems to hold up better. Mine is an inCase.

9. JamesHP thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice. I've been looking around and tbh I agree, the black phone isn't looking good with the clear cases. Think I'll get the switcheasy vulcan black, still vaguely seethrough but looks fine.

10. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84