Best Clear iPhone Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by InfernoUk, Nov 15, 2010.

1. InfernoUk macrumors 6502

Hey im looking for a new iphone case to replace my bumper, would like it to be totally clear and add as little bulk as possible to the phone is there any case like this that dosent look cheap and like it would snap ? i didnt really like any of the options in the apple case programme like this so just got the bumper but its discoloured now

thanks for any help

2. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Incase Snap, SwitchEasy Nude, and for a little more bulk but a very quality case, try the Speck See-Thru.

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

4. genetic macrumors 6502

5. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

+1 on that.

Maybe even try the SGP Ultra Thin.

6. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I just order the speck about an hour ago... Can't wait.... I have been using the switcheasy nude since it released.... I luv my nude but I needed a little bit more bulk for drop protection... The nude is good for just keeping scratches off your phone

7. rudy44 macrumors member

ive been using the power support air jacket and i love it. it feels great.

8. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Yeah I suppose but not good for keeping scratches off the nude, that was the first case I had, it got so badly scratched, I'd rather use some kind of shield/SP and a bumper, and I have and been way happier.

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm going to pick up the Speck See Thru case on my lunch today from Microcenter.

10. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I feel you..... I just never cared about scratches on my case... Long as they stay off my phone... Lol...I lay my phone anywhere sometimes, so I'm going to see scratches one way or another on my cases... I had the nude on my 3GS and it started peeling... Now that's a real problem to me

11. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

Thumbs down on the Switcheasy nude. It has no scratch resistance at all and looks terrible after just a week or two. I liked the incase solution a lot, but have no experience with the speck.

If you can cope without a full case, then bumpers are pretty nice. I like that they expose the thinness of the iPhone.

12. gnychis macrumors 6502

yeah maybe go with a full body skin and a bumper

13. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Yeah maybe the full body.... I don't think any clear case is scratch resistant.... I think there was one that was reviewed a little back that wasnt in the us yet... But the inside wasn't resistant to scratches so scratches still showed..

14. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Picked up the Speck See Thru on my lunch and it will be going back this evening. Very nice case without any added bulk really, but it has an annoying rainbow effect on the back of it. I do not have a screen protector on mine so that's not the issue at all. I'll just rock with my Griffin Reveal. $32 and some change back in my pocket.

15. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Is that the only complaint? I can deal with that.... Is it tight fitting? Does It give u a nice grip? And does it seem like good protection for your phone? Just asking because I just ordered mine the other day..