Best clear protective film (case, if thin) for 2G iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by deanshu, Oct 12, 2008.

1. deanshu macrumors member

In your opinion, what clear film or case do you recommend for the 2G iPod touch? I'm looking to buy one soon and it seems as if the aluminum backing is very scratchable/easily dented. It'd be nice if you state why, also. ;)

Thanks.

2. drbr macrumors newbie

InvisibleShield

InvisibleShield by Zagg. I have one for 2 ipods, my pda and slr camera. Unscratchable and not bad at $25 plus free ship. Can still dent, but you won't even be able to tell you have it on and you lose no functionality from the screen, unlike some other covers. Everyone always wonders why my ipods still look new, until I tell them I have a screen over the whole thing.

3. deriko100 macrumors 6502

DONT GET THE ZAGG I had bad experience the stuff scratchs like crazy, get the power support best solution.

4. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

5. deanshu thread starter macrumors member

Question - I was looking at videos at power support anti glare, and I'm not sure I want to cover the glossy surface, as colors might look washed out. Does the anti glare affect the screen quality?

6. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

not rly, the AG stuff only prevents the glare that comes from sunlight and such. go on youtube and type in antiglare film and check it out.

7. deanshu thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the tip, but it's kind of hard to tell from the video quality.

So really, I'm just looking at the Invisible Shield and the Power Support Crystal Film. Any suggestions on these?

8. nohite macrumors member

According to iLounge, bodyguardz is better than IS in terms of clarity. Also Griffin Screen Care Kit is comparable to PS Crystal, except you get a set of 5 for $15, as opposed to 1 front and 1 back for PS. I got the griffin from Amazon (actually from Buy.com) for $15 shipping included.

I wasted 2 before I finally got one right. So if you've never done it before you need to be very careful.

The reason I didn't buy Bodyguarz was that I've seen when people take it out afterwards you can see dirt trapped in there that you never realized. Maybe it's the texture of the material. the smooth ones' like the Griffin and PS Crystal makes it less likely to attract dirt. Also it's nice to be able to change it once in a while.

9. deanshu thread starter macrumors member

When you say PP Crystal do you mean Power Support Crystal or another product?

Thanks,
    Dean

10. nohite macrumors member

sorry yeah Power Support. For some reason I got it mixed up with PowerPoint. Fixed it now.

11. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

OP, do you care about the feel of your player?

I only ask because the bodyguardz/IS/BSE will have a tactile feel - feel kind of sticky for a while. The crystal film is a fingerprint magnet and will feel oily and grimy after a while too. I hate seeing swirls of oils.

I chose the antiglare because of the feel of the film and lack of fingerprints. The colors aren't too washed out, and I feel the texture makes the antiglare one of the best.

12. deanshu thread starter macrumors member

I actually care about it - a lot. I'd really go for the antiglare but I don't see a point in diffusing the screen if it's what makes the device stand out so much. I've seen firsthand how glossy displays make colors seem much more vibrant than matte screens.

I'd like to see how different iPods wearing different screen protectors compare to each other in a high resolution photo, along with an iPod with no filter on. It'd make my decision so much more simple :rolleyes:

13. mzd macrumors 6502a

i've had great luck with my body guardz back. i didn't put anything on the glass screen. body guardz dries perfectly clear and is not even slightly textured like the invisible shield / best skins ever are.