Best Clear Skin Guard - iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bryguy393, Oct 5, 2011.

?

Best Clear Skin Guard - iPhone 4S

1. BodyGuardz

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. SGP Incredible Shield

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Clear-Coat

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. bryguy393 macrumors member

bryguy393

Hey everyone, so i'm planning on getting an iPhone 4S when it comes out. I've been doing a lot of research on clear skin guards and am trying to find the best one. I want one that:

- is perfectly smooth, like there's nothing there, no texture.
    - identical sliding as glass
    - full coverage, front and back (preferably sides too)
    - preferably easy to apply
    - obviously is the best option :p

I think I have narrowed it down to 3 options:

BodyGuardz (2 options: wet/dry)
    SGP Incredible Shield (There's a few options to choose from here, whichever is best)
    Clear-Coat

Hopefully you can help me decide.

Thanks,
    Bryan

May Steve Jobs rest in peace.

2. bryguy393 thread starter macrumors member

bryguy393

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Basically, adhesive protectors have textures to them. SO its best to avoid them since you say you don't like them. What you're looking for is a static cling protector.

I'd say SGP.

4. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

You want SGP. As said, everything that have wet applications have textures. The Ultra Crystal EX is perfect and has no rainbow effect.

5. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I've never tried SGP, but have heard a lot of good things about them. I almost always end up with Power Support, but I'm probably going to give SGP a chance this time around. The Power Support that I got for my iPhone 4 had problems "sticking" properly as some places like around the home button and the corners.

6. SipperyPete macrumors regular

I actually prefer going with a dry applied crystal film on the screen which is smooth as glass and a wet applied skin for the sides and back. This gives a better grip and keeps it from sliding around as well. I currently have an Incipio plex crystal on my iPad screen and a body guardz skin on the back and love the combo.

7. bryguy393 thread starter macrumors member

bryguy393

What is the difference between all of these different different options? there's 5 different ones to choose from...

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-4s/sgp-cdma-verizon-iphone-4-screen-and-body-protector-set-incredible-shield-series.html

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-4s/sgp-iphone-4-screen-and-body-protector-set-steinheil-ex-series-verizon-3290.html

8. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

I use zagg invisi shield.. maximum. which is full coverage. never had a problem with it. just don't do it in a dusty place haha.

I may also order the bodyguards. i always wanted to try a wet apply. but i'll see how it goes... dry

9. pressplay macrumors newbie

Adding iWrap to this discussion. The 4S is my first iPhone; I don't have experience with this product. But I'm dying to know what the best clear skin is. No case for me.

10. bryguy393 thread starter macrumors member

bryguy393

ok guys i've decided on SGP Steinheil™ EX Ultra Series

the only question now is: Crystal (gloss) or Fine (matte)?

right now i'm leaning towards matte due to the anti-glare and anti-fingerprint. i've seen reviews that show how good it prevents fingerprints and how clean it always looks. however i've always liked the glossy look... but having to constantly clean fingerprints off of it doesn't really appeal to me.

opinions? plan on buying tomorrow.

11. rocketkev macrumors member

12. jasvncnt, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

jasvncnt macrumors 6502

13. bryguy393 thread starter macrumors member

bryguy393

ended up going with the sgp steinheil ex ultra fine. (matte) i'll let you know how it is once i get it and install it.