best Clipboard history app for Mavericks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by malch, Nov 18, 2013.

1. malch macrumors 6502

Hi there,
    I've used PTH Pasteboard for years, but it's been quirky lately, and I'm about to upgrade to Mavericks so I thought I'd look around for something new.
    I'd be happy with Clyppan, but it doesn't store more than one copied item, and I need more than that.
    I'm trying out iClipboard (v4) and it seems pretty nice, but before I buy I thought I'd see if there are people on this forum who are using Mavericks and who have tried different Clipboard History apps...
    Nice UI is important to me, along with getting something that works well. I don't need a million fancy features.
    regards,
    malch

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I don't know if this meets your needs, but I've been very pleased with Jumpcut.

3. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

I have used ClipMenu for years it allows you unlimited if you want history you would just need to increase the items shown to some large number. You can create snippets for frequently used text, files, pictures ... any of the supported items it does really.

http://www.clipmenu.com/

4. malch thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks Shrink, but it worries me when I see on the Jumpcut website that the most recent change is Jan. 2009.
    I really want something that's been re-written/updated for Mavericks, 64-bit, whatever... something that I know is being properly supported. As I say, I was happy with PTH Pasteboard, but I wasn't at all sure that it would work on Mavericks, and the fact that they didn't answer any of my emails asking this simple question made me leery.
    regards, malch

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Try Flycut. It's based on Jumpcut's code, and it's very similar, with a few more features like Dropbox support. It's free, being maintained, and on the MAS.

6. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

iClip and Clips are good.

7. BinaryTim macrumors member

Another great one

I've also been using iClipboard for a few years and love it (currently using ver. 4 on Mavericks). Another one that I used to use before that was called iClip, from Irradiated Software.

iClip works, and looks, very similar to iClipboard but it is about $10 cheaper.

iClipboard looks like it may be a bit more feature rich than iClip, but many of the core features (preview, multiple "clipboards", etc.) are duplicated between the two. Personally, I don't even use half the extra features of iClipboard.

iClip has a 15 day trial version and a 60 day money back guarantee if purchased through their website, but it is also available on the Mac App Store.

They are so similar that I think you'd like either one.

8. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I've been using iClip for a very long time and think it's great.

9. Chimp Studios macrumors newbie

Chimp Studios

I'm the developer behind Cloud Clip (on Mac App Store) and Cloud Clip for Mobile (the iOS companion app). I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

10. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Do you include search?
    How many clips can you save in history?
    Do you have plans to add auto paste after selecting?

11. Chimp Studios macrumors newbie

Chimp Studios

Not at this time.

As many as you can store on your hard drive or iCloud storage. Although, I always run the app with a self imposed limit of 10 to keep the list nice and short.

You can download a helper app (from our website) that enables auto pasting. We couldn't bundle that feature directly into the app because of sandboxing requirements.