Best cloud based storage apps for grabbing/saving images online.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Evev12, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Evev12 macrumors regular

I'm looking for an OSX app (or I guess even an ios app would do) for grabbing and saving images quickly (single click quick). I'm always looking for ideas and inspiration online and right now my method is...save to desktop (the entire image without cropping), moving to a folder, saving to a usb and backing up. I'd LOVE an app that would allow me to clip (either the entire image or part of it) and immediately save it to an appropriate folder in the cloud in the same click. I know there are a bunch but I need something that is light and easy to manage that will save the image to appropriate folders (sub folders would also be a huge plus). The next time I come across a painting or an art piece that inspires me, I'd love to be able to hit a custom command (like control, command, 1), click and drag a marquee and have that image or part of it saved to my art inspiration folder. Is there a way to configure Dropbox to do this, or is anyone aware of any other cloud based storage apps? Even non cloud storage solutions would be welcome...more important is that it can be done with a click or 2.

2. ipsychedelic, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

I believe there is a way of using Automator so that you can cook some kind of "one click" send to dropbox thingy...

But the first thing that comes to my mind is Evernote. Of course Folders = Notebooks and Subfolders = Notes (I guess).

Edit

Was going through my RSS feeds and look what I found.

3. Evev12 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I use Evernote but I can't stand their damn UI/layout. They're folders are laid out the worst way possible and it just feels so heavy... I was looking for something lighter and faster. Thanks for the reply though.

4. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Why do I feel like you didn't bother to click on the second link I posted, which contains another utility, not related to Evernote, and the comments on that blog article point to other two utilities.

5. Evev12 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry about that...I missed that. Yeah this Glui looks pretty perfect...I'm gonna give it a go tomm. If I can save to folders this will be perfect. Thanks for the rec.

6. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Ok no problem, hopefully you'll fulfill your wish.