Best Cloud service for me?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by comda, Nov 10, 2014.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings MacRumors!

I have a little delema here.. And want your opinion. I want a cloud service that will be able to sync my documents (mainly word, exel, powerpoint, and PDF files) over my main three platforms. Im posting here as im using some older hardware/software so being a student i dont want to loose my notes and need something that simply works.

I use a 3,1 White macbook running its finest with 10.6.8, and want to sync my documents from it possibly over to my Iphone 5, running IOS 8 and my Old IBM tower running windows 7.

My issue is i would like to walk around and have my notes in my hand as well as God forbid my daily driver my old 7 year old Macbook 3,1 or my 8 year old C2D tower kicks the can i have everything on another machine. THe Macbook has an SSD but im saying a just in case.

So please let me know what you think is the best one guys! I need something that works and dont really have the time to see for myself whats the best. Thanks!

2. PhiLLoW macrumors 6502

Almost every Cloud Service will work fine for you.

Unfortunately I don't know any service that enable offline sync for your iphone/ipad/ios device - the device itself has to be online to access the files.

I'm personally really happy with Google Drive and also their productivity app ( like word/excel )

I can also recommend:
    Dropbox, OneDrive & Copy.

Icloud Drive is pretty much a mess and doesn't work very reliable IMO.

3. rctlr macrumors 6502a

rctlr

Onedrive works well with word and excel for iOS. It has plenty of storage.

Dropbox is better to share, AND the new versions of Microsoft office on iOS support it to. Drawback is that it's a little short on storage out of the download.

R.