Best cloud service to save photos?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by anewfoundsin, Feb 22, 2014.

1. anewfoundsin macrumors member

I have over 100GB of photos and I was wondering which cloud service would be best to save and back up my photos?

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

For that much space you're likely going to end up paying a high monthly bill. I think you'd be better off signing up with a web hosting company and using a photo gallery package to manage photos. I've set up my own server, costs me $5/mo, and use the Coppermine web app available from my web hosting company. This setup works great, I use it to host my own photo gallery, blog, wiki and forum. One of the advantages of a web hosting company is that you can find a good company that offers unlimited storage and bandwidth.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Do you need them to be viewable on this service, or do you just want backup? If you just want backup, an online backup service something like Crashplan would be best IMO.

4. ufkdo macrumors 6502

You can use flickr since they give 1 TB for free. The privacy would be questionable though.

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

You can do your own photo cloud with a Synology NAS.

6. NativeTxn macrumors regular

If you are just wanting a place to backup, you can get a Copy.com account and then use fiverr.com to have someone get you an additional 500GB of storage through referrals. I'm honestly not sure how they do it, but I paid $10, and had a full TB of additional storage added to my copy.com account in under 24 hours.

And since it is through referrals, it should stay a full TB forever without monthly or yearly fees.