Best CMS for a magazine

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by timmillwood, Jun 24, 2007.

1. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

if you were building a web site for a small but international magazine what CMS software would you use.

I like the look of and have been working with Joomla but dont know if it would be overkill, Wordpress would be so better suited but that seems too much of a school boy thing.

2. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

maybe typepad? it isn't free though. there are soooo many others. another one is movable type

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Wordpress has been kinda riddled with (typically severe) bugs lately; have you considered Drupal? As I understand it, Drupal is a little more complex, but you make up for it in spades with flexibility.

That said, I've never used it, so I'm not sure.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

All I can do is recommend you stay away from Wordpress. It's great for home use but for anything more - you'll be looking at paying for a decent CMS.

5. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

I like Land Down Under and it's successor Seditio, I've used it on websites that have had thousands of users on at one time and it worked flawlessly, it's fast and efficient. Problem is that development has slowed down and it's fairly slow now.

If I were you I'd consider perhaps developing something using a framework.

6. janey macrumors 603

janey

define international? if it's in multiple languages, i think joomla with joomfish is the best way to go.

7. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for all your comment, i think i will trust you and steer away from wordpress and stick with Joomla.

I keep meaning to put my computing degree to good use and develop my own but it is just finding the time!