Best Color Calibrator?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NomadicTy, May 30, 2009.

1. NomadicTy macrumors regular

Hi!

I've done some search in this forum, but I never saw this question posted before. At least, not with the key words I picked.

I was wondering if anybody can recommend a good color calibrator. I have a Santa Rosa MBP, an white iMac, and I will also be buying a 24" HP monitor. Photography is hobby of mine, and I don't play games. So I am basically aiming to get as much color accuracy as possible with the monitors I have. So which one would you recommend?

I'm hoping for something not too expensive, since I don't see myself using this thing for more than a couple of times. But I'm hoping to get something that would not become obsolete if/when I buy LED ACD's in the future.

BTW, these can be stupid questions: Can these color calibrators be used for LCD TV's as well? If I decide not to buy these things that I don't see myself using for more than a couple of times, are there people who could come in and do a quick calibration of my monitors and TV's for a fee?

Thanks!

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Macworld's current paper edition has a quick sidebar comparing the spyder3, the huey, and the munki. The thing's at work and I'm not so I can't give you and more info than to recommend a trip to a news agent to have a thumb though for it (couldn't find it on a macworld site search either.... :confused:).