Best Color for Note 2?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by bryanc28, Jan 12, 2013.

1. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

Do you have white or titanium grey? Deciding whether I should exchange my white due to the soft keys bleeding light real bad.

2. gnr319 macrumors member

I got the titanium grey first then exchanged for the marble white. A common problem with the grey note 2 is that there are gaps in the edge of the bezels, which allow dirt and grime to build up. This is not to say that the marble white versions do not have this problem (although the build quality appears to be better) but on a dark-colored phone, the dust is very noticeable. This is a common problem with dark-colored S3s as well.

The LED light on the titanium grey was beautiful, though; so bright and no bleed.

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

Go with whatever you fancy, the issues in the comment above only happen on a case by case basis. There is no 'better' color.

4. Timzer macrumors 6502

You know, I got the white S3, and people say the same thing about the soft keys. The soft keys have that glow as opposed to a solid look of the darker colors. But I actually prefer to have no light at all. I think it just looks more clean. I know very well that the back key is on the right, and the menu key is on the left. I've shared this with my friends, and now most of them actually like this as well. Consider it going that extra step for the most minimal look possible. If you like minimal that is. But even if you don't, give it a go at the store. See if you like the look of having no lights for the soft keys.

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

You can turn it off in advanced settings in some custom ROMs. I can't remember if that option is available on stock or not.

6. Timzer macrumors 6502

Yes this is what I was saying. I have mine turned off. Sorry if it didn't sound clear. I'm completely stock except for unlocking. But software is all stock rom. So basically you got to Settings -> Display -> Touch key light duration -> Always Off.

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

When I had an S3, most of the time I was running AOSP ROMs which don't have Samsung's TouchWiz UI. One of the many things that are different is that the buttons would light up whenever you touch the screen and/or the buttons themselves. When I eventually tried a Samsung based ROM I noticed the buttons only lit up when you touched them which I found very weird :p

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I love the brushed metal look of the titanium grey. Even prefer it over all black at this point.

9. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'm picking one up next Friday, I'm going with the grey. But I personally never liked white phones. My iPod classic is white and I don't care for the color- but that thing more or less lives in my glove box so no big deal.

10. cheezeit macrumors 6502

I live the white. Clean. Gray is nice but I get tired of it after some time.