Best color on iPhone 8?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yogosans14, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Yogosans14 macrumors regular

Hands down the gold is the best...well imo th gold has been the best iPhone color since iPhone 5s. *shrugs*

The new gold looks not feminine like I thought it would, it has a nice milky look to it if that makes sense.

What’s your favorite iPhone 8 color?

2. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

Grey/Black every single time. If nothing else, just for that seamless look on the front with the speaker hardware and when the screen is off.

3. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

Hopefully the gold that is arriving tomorrow. :)

4. Appl3FTW, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017

Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Gold definitely looks good.. the silver looks sexy and classic too. the only reason why I didn't get them is because I've had so many white face iPhones.

5. ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

I think that the silver (or white according to my eyes) back is the sleekest looking. However, since I am using a case and cannot admire it, I will go with the black-faced phone.

6. Nic727 macrumors member

Nic727

I always take Space Grey/Black for phone since when the screen is turned off, you don't see it.

But for the iPhone 8, it's a bit different. The Space Grey version look to reflect more than other colors and also fingerprint will be more apparent. If I buy a new phone this year, it will be silver or space grey (have to see it in person in store).

7. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

The dark grey shade of space grey looks slick. I like the gold but I don’t want a white front.

Will be getting the space grey with a clear Spigen case.

8. AceFernalld macrumors 68000

AceFernalld

So incredibly bored of the all black phone, especially considering the new Space Grey with glass looks so similar to my Jet Black, so I went with Silver. Not a fan of the white bezels, but I’ll only have it for a little over a month. Then I’ll have a Silver X, which will thankfully have black bezels.

Edit: Well a black notch, not really too much bezel going on.

9. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

I like all of them. It comes down to what you wear usually for me, which is why I'm going for the Space Grey.

10. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

Only thing I hate about the black is how much more noticeable fingerprints are.

11. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Exactly my situation lol, except I'm going gold, then upgrading to the Silver X.

12. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I’ve had gold, black, space gray, and silver through the years.

Silver with white bezel is my favorite.

13. cptspock macrumors member

Space gray simply because of black in the front.

14. manni macrumors regular

The unboxing video someone put on here of the space gray looked lovely - it looks like a "best of both" of the iPhone 7 blacks with the subtle tone of matte black but the glass giving the glossy finish of the jet black.

I'm surprised they didn't market it as black really rather than space grey.

Now we have glass backs again please Apple give us a white iPhone again!? I still say the iPhone 4 in white is the best looking iPhone of them all.

iphone-4-back-hero.jpg

15. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

The iPhone 4 really is a modern classic. It best exemplifies all the attributes of great design and form following function. The symmetry and attention to detail was completely unheard of in the smartphone world when it was released.

Every flagship smartphone out there now is basically using the iPhone 4 playbook. That’s how far ahead of its time it was.

Sadly it was also the end of the Steve Jobs era.

16. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

image.jpg To me best color i like ever is this one below... who agree :confused:

17. manni macrumors regular

That's the black iPhone 5 isn't it?

I can't remember the details but why did they stop selling that colour for the 5S and SE? I remember there was some specific reason...

And yes, I think the 4S in white and 5 in black are probably the two most elegant iPhones yet designed.

18. artfossil macrumors 65816

artfossil

Right there with you. Don’t do or wear gold and like white and minimalist.

19. manni macrumors regular

Every now and then I see someone still using a 4S and it really doesn't look that dated, the screen is smaller than today's phones and the bezels are larger but the design itself is timeless and you couldn't really say it looks dated as it's such a lovely thing to behold, a bit like Braun products from the 60s, they got the basics of design so right that they never really age.

Was the 4S the last Jobs iPhone though? I thought he was at least involved in the 5 although I think it came out the year after he died?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2017 ---
    I understand why the jet black model got so much attention but I think the silver 7 really is an elegant design, reminds me of the classic macbook pros and pre- toucher retina MacBook pros.

20. Nic727 macrumors member

Nic727

I finally went to an Apple Store to see the iPhone 8 in person. I didn't buy yet because of the noise problem, but I saw that the space grey one has a lot of fingerprint in the back. That's not very funny because you can almost not see the Apple logo after that.

I think the silver one was the best looking one in general even if I still prefer a black front... Sad Apple can't do a white back and black front. :( The black front is hiding the screen when it's turned off.

I think I will buy the white one...

21. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

How about a poll? I would like to vote between the 3 options

22. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

The Silver by far this year as it is almost white for the first time since the 4. There is no real black this year only a sort of wimpy grey and the gold reminds me of cockroaches.

The Silver is white Braun styled gorgeous:

23. MacDevil7334 macrumors 65816

MacDevil7334

Yeah but you have to remember that those phones are handled by a gazillion people and probably only wiped down a few times per day. Your personal phone probably would not show nearly as many fingerprints if you got the space grey. If I recall, my iPhone 4 basically cleaned itself every time I put it back in my pocket.

24. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I love this. "Wimpy" gray and "cockroach" gold. :D

25. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

I don't think I've ever seen a gold cockroach. Y'all must live in one fancy pants neighborhood to have gold cockroaches. :eek: