Best color so far?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rickshardware, Oct 13, 2012.

1. rickshardware macrumors newbie

What's your opinion on the best looking color of the new iPod touches?

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Blue in my opinion because it show off that you have the new ipod touch 5g

3. irishtike macrumors member

Red is Awesome!!! compared to the other colors, which look washed out me. though the white and red is better than i thought it would be, black with red would be Sweet!!

4. BurningWater macrumors newbie

I have the blue and I'm enjoying it a lot right now. :apple:

5. cnev3 macrumors 6502

6. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

Pink. :D When I got it yesterday, I wasn't sure I liked the shade. But, it's grown on me. Of course, most guys wouldn't go for the pink. :)

7. dba415 macrumors 6502

Honestly can't see anybody over 15 owning a blue or red one. And if pink, you must be a girl.

8. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

Black. White is a stupid color to surround a screen with.

9. BurningWater macrumors newbie

I'm 18 and own a blue one.

Get on my level.

10. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

I'm a woman. ;) No need to insult adults who like the colors.

11. rjalda100 macrumors regular

12. bruceclay85 macrumors member

bruceclay85

I'm 27, and I plan on getting the red version. Not to mention it's charitable.

13. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I'm 19 and I'll be getting a blue one :)

14. Androidfan1x macrumors regular

i'm a boy and i want a white one.
    i don't think it's girly (hopefully)

15. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

16. Androidfan1x macrumors regular

17. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

I can't see anyone over 12 years old making that assumption.

18. dba415 macrumors 6502

Didn't realize so many people would get offended by my comment.

I like my electronics to look like electronics, a blue or red device just looks like a toy. Toy = cheap, childish

19. caramelpolice macrumors regular

Yeah, colors are for children. Ugh. I bet you think video games whose only colors are brown and grey are "realistic" and "mature" too.

20. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

Looks like I pegged your age properly. Pssst, little one, they're all toys. Regardless of color. If black or white makes you feel like a big boy, then that's cool. They sell them in numerous colors because <SHOCKING> people want and like them.

21. solmaker macrumors member

Yeah, I pre-ordered the "pink" because the color looks like "peach" or "salmon" or "flesh-colored" from photos, any of which I'd be happy with in combination with the white front... kind of like a creamsicle. I'm still waiting for my pre-order to come in, and hope I'm not disappointed.

22. iEvolution macrumors 65816

That is just silly bro. I suppose you are one of those people that think the iPhone is for "men" and the iPod Touch is for "children" despite the devices both function the same excluding phone features.

Really the red looks pretty nice when you look at it outside of Apple's digital images (which I don't really understand why they continue to use these digital photos that look like crap compared to the actual product).

Silver/Black are the most standard colors, they don't stick out and they are definitely less flashy than the other colors but I don't think it makes them childish if one were to get blue/red.

Anyway you're obviously entitled to your own opinion and I respect that. Just sharing my view.

As far as the best color goes, Silver wins in my opinion. The black (charcoal or slate as they call it) just doesn't look very good this year which is surprising because black is usually the color I choose. Red is a fairly close second this year with the slate coming in 3rd.

23. The13thDoctor macrumors regular

Red looks really, really good. The black one comes in second :p

24. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

I'm deciding between blue, silver and black.

BLUE - nice looking catchy color, but inconsistent with the front white panel and distracting from looking at the screen

BLACK - the best color for the eyes, frame blends with the screen, which is good, but at the same time it's the most dull generic and boring color of them all, plus the back panel is not black but washed out black at best and it collects fingerprints and smudges like crazy

SILVER - seems the most consistent, silver back panel corresponds with the white front, it reminds me of iPads and Macbooks

Probably opt for the silver one, but still haven't decided yet. I think I'm gonna go to the apple store to play around with each color before I'll make my final decision. I really like the front white, but my biggest doubt so far is that the white frame can be pain for the eyes when looking at the screen and distract from the experience. What you guys think?

25. netdog macrumors 603

netdog