best companies for new grads

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furcalchick, May 20, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i found this at the fortune site while browsing around.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/fortune/0705/gallery.great_for_new_grads.fortune/index.html

i personally think this list is flawed, as it's only big multinationals and the sort listed as good companies to work for. i know alot of people that don't want to work for mega-corporates, me included and would rather work at a smaller, local company. the amount of profit they make shouldn't be the only factor if they are a good company or not. but it's interesting to see what to go for when looking at companies.

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Did you really expect a nationally syndicated magazine to list Bob's Family Investment co. in Kalamazoo as one of the top 20 companies for college grads?

3. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

no. but i would look at something other than big multi nationals. i would have sprinkled in some smaller companies (regional companies like chick-fil-a), as not all grads aspire to work in the biggest name brand companies.

4. Trogloxene macrumors regular

Your best time to get hired at a big company is right our of school. A resume of mom & pops will not get you hired a big company down the road. So do the corporate thing a few years after school, and then look for something more exciting.

-T

5. jng macrumors 65816

jng

If you read that intro, you'd realize that mom+pop plus small businesses simply don't fit into what they were looking for in the first place - mostly because of the last item.