Best compatible TV....

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by gpspad, Oct 22, 2015.

1. gpspad macrumors 6502

I only used the popcorn time program a few times, but one amazing thing it did was automatically change the input of my samsung tv to the media player and start playing a movie from my laptop. I have never seen anything do that since, never mind the fact that my TV is only DLNA compatible, not a smart TV. Yet somehow it worked.

So I am remodeling my kitchen and bedroom and would like to have ATV's and TV's in each. Is there one model of TV that would allow it to be controlled with the new ATV's remote?

My SO hates wires and multiple remotes every where, I know I can use a logitech remote, but really looking to get a TV that works as seamless as possible.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

What you are seeing there is a technology called HDMI-CEC that can control other HDMI-CEC devices over the HDMI cable. Most newer televisions have CEC. Just look in the specs before you buy to make sure the set has HDMI-CEC.

3. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

I have a Vizio TV from 2011 and it powers on, switches inputs and changes it volume all from the remote with no problems.