Best Computer Backpack Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dibara2003, Dec 6, 2007.

1. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

Hi, I was wondering what people recommend for a school-use backpack or what people use and their satisfaction. I did a couple searches here, but no one really used a timbuk2 underground which is what i was looking at. any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

I've had a lot of luck w/ my Ogio school backpack. Plenty of room for a ton of books and also my heavy ass HP (of which will be changing to a MBP next year).

www.ogio.com

I can't find my exact bag, but it suits a 15.4" and has a side enterance with plenty of padding surrounding it.

3. David G. macrumors 65816

I have a LL Bean backpack that I think is excellent. It is called the Super Shockwave Pack and it has stood up very well to everything I have done to it. A 15 in. MBP will fit in the laptop pocket which is padded and it's comfortable too. Great value overall.

4. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

5. dibara2003 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

7. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Second that. I like their bags.

8. METOO999 macrumors regular

Another vote for the Ogio backpack with my Macbook.

9. renixomba macrumors newbie

the north face recon backpack. it doesn't look like an ugly laptop backpack and it has a lot of compartments to hold other things.

10. saxman macrumors 6502

Tom Bihn

Although the Tom Bihn "Brain Bag" backpacks are big, they are virtually indestructible and they hold a lot. Mine still looks like the first day I got it over three years ago.

Unfortunately, they are expensive and you'll need one of their "Brain Cell" for your laptop. However, both are the best bag(s) I've ever owned. I've never had to worry about my laptop getting damaged

11. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

I have a Swiss Gear...nothing fancy, but it has lots of padding.....and when my girlfriend ran over the buckle they replaced it for free :D

12. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I have a swiss gear currently as well.. No MBP to put in it, but that'll all change come Mid January :)

13. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I have the timbuk2 laptop messenger bag. Absolutely love it,

14. gparshal macrumors newbie

Just found Outdoor Products

They have two computer backpacks I like, one of which I purchased. The larger one is the "Power Pack," and the smaller one (which I picked up at REI for about $65) is the "Power Pack Glide." I could probably fit two decent sized laptops in the Power Pack Glide, but as it is I have a Dell 15" (office-issued, stuck with it, yuck), a MacBook Air 11" and an iPad (original) plus numerous accessories. Still a bit of room left and it's darned comfortable to carry.

Also, thanks to the other posters who mentioned Tom Bihn. While I didn't get a TB computer pack, I'll definitely be getting some overnight stuff from them. Time to replace all the black Tumi stuff I carry.

Jerry

15. sumit00 macrumors newbie

Computer Backpack

computer backpack is simply the bags that is used for carrying the computer, such as laptop.It is also called rucksack.Computer Backpack

16. ganeshjoshi macrumors newbie

Computer Backpack

computer backpack is the simply bag that is useful for carrying the heavy materials from one place to another place specially the computer such as laptop.Computer Backpack