Best Control Panel for Web/Domain Hosting ?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by fab5freddy, Apr 19, 2009.

1. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

I am looking for a new Web / Domain name host
    and am looking for one that has a super slick and nice
    Control Panel.....

Does every Web Hosting Company have their own proprietory
    Control Panel ?

2. theappleguy macrumors 6502

CPanel is the most commonly used (much like Windows is the most commonly used operating system). I much prefer Interworx. :)

3. sunday macrumors member

I would say cPanel, Media Temple, and Dreamhost has the best control panels to date.
    Worst to date: Plesk.

4. brisbaneguy29 macrumors 6502

brisbaneguy29

We use cPanel / WHM, running Linux, and we feel that gives people great control over their own sites, but as for the "Best", I think if you ask 100 people, your going to get 5 recommendations for the "best".

It is going to come down to your needs / preferences. We have clients who have never touched cPanel, for the whole life of their site.

5. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

personally as an end user i like and feel the most comfortable with cPanel. part of that may be that is the one i have used the most.

just my 2cents..

6. needlnerdz macrumors regular

needlnerdz

I have to say Dreamhost has the finest panel and [unfortunately] it can only be found on their site.

7. DaReal_Dionysus macrumors regular

DaReal_Dionysus

I would also say surpass, They are awesome and use cpanel as well.

8. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

Personally, I can't stand CPanel; everything is too dumbed down and it installs itself so deep in the OS it's difficulty to remove without killing something and it's a memory hog. My favorite panel has to be Virtualmin; it's free (well, the GPL version is anyway) and it gives you considerable control over every thing you could want while still allowing you to edit everything by hand if you want (and respecting those edits).

9. DaReal_Dionysus macrumors regular

DaReal_Dionysus

I have 250 sites hosted on surpass hosting. I have never had any issues with them that could't be fixed and fast. Good Rates Great Customer service and excellent tech support:

9999GB Disk Space, Unmetered Bandwidth, Unlimited Domains

$7.00 a month, surpass rocks.

10. jakeOSX macrumors regular

two things. first you didn't address teh question which makes me think that was spam. and the second is, what is the catch? 'unmetered' and 'unlimited'? but what is the catch? 60% uptime? Modem like speeds?

11. DaReal_Dionysus macrumors regular

DaReal_Dionysus

I'm not a spammer at all. I have helped many members in the forum to date. I'm sure SrWebDeveloper would vouch that I'm a regular who post in the forum on a normal basis.

My Opinion of Surpass Hosting is from my experience with them. There are no catches or games with them. Thats why I recommend them to everyone. It has enabled me as a business to be able to offer hosting with my web packages and not give up performance. If you would like to speak to me directly I have a skype account. You can also PM me.

I like Cpanel the best. I work at places like Universal and Disney and all the developers there like cpanel too. But that is what I like I highly recommend Surpass. Of course the decision is yours.

PS. Surpass uses cpanel as well.

12. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

The catch is always performance impact on the server. If your account is using more than 32MBs of RAM or 10% of the CPU for so long, etc, etc.

13. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I believe what he was getting at is that the thread is about "best control panel" and your post seemed to be about some hosting company without mentioning what they use for their control panel. It did seem spammy to me as well despite knowing you have made good posts before.

14. DaReal_Dionysus macrumors regular

DaReal_Dionysus

I said cpanel in the first post.

15. DaReal_Dionysus macrumors regular

DaReal_Dionysus

here i was describing the service as an information benefit for him.