best currency application?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tongteh, Oct 19, 2008.

1. tongteh macrumors 6502

i really love the "currency"(green color) application, but every since they upgraded it with advertisement. i am finding the loading time takes a lot more longer time, and many times would even crash while loading!

i need to constantly keep track with the currency conversion so a quick and fast currency converter is very important to me. So is there other alternatives out there? i am currently looking at "currency converter", but the interface doesn't look very nice and would like more information about it before pulling the trigger.. :) any advise or information is appreciated. thank you.

2. speedracer3000 macrumors 6502

I use Currency as well and find the ad annoying.
    I might just leave some comments in the app store and suggest they come out with a .99 version that's ad-free.

3. itsm3cmg macrumors member

I like to use "units" it was free im not sure about now though. Best of all it is add free. It also changes many dif. units like distance weight and many things like that.

4. itsm3cmg macrumors member

I just looked back at it and there are 2 dif. Units applications, by dif. devs.. I have the free one which is great and I am not sure how the .99 one is though. It looks really nice and polished.

5. tongteh thread starter macrumors 6502

but the units applications doesnt update the currency as frequently as an actual currency app, right?

6. tongteh thread starter macrumors 6502

Currency just updated their applications.. :) seems like crashes less now but the ad is still very annoying.. :mad:

7. threezero macrumors 6502

they both do the same thing but the 99cent one is VERY polished. Its just like a calculator that converts, you can set up your shortcuts to your most use conversion and it converts as you type. Only downside is it defaults to updating currency rate once per day i'm not sure if you can change that in the settings but you can definately manual update the rate

8. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

WunderRadio is the best radio App. Unbelievable!