Best Custom PC's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jeff5886, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Jeff5886 macrumors regular

I already own a MBP and like the advice given here (even thought this isn't a mac question) so I wanted to ask about buying a custom laptop. Does anyone here have experience buying custom laptops from these sights such as Deluge, buydirectpc, puget, cyber power pc etc? What is the best company to buy a custom laptop and why? If this is in the wrong forum I apologize.

2. simsaladimbamba

What do you want to use it for and what is your budget?

3. Jeff5886 thread starter macrumors regular

I play alot of Call of Duty Mw2 and B/ops, but the main thing I do is run several programs at once without closing them. For example, if Im doing a school paper, Ill have winamp playing a song, 5 or 7 tabs of web pages going, Office 2010 running etc all at the same time. I want multitasking power 1st and gaming second. Also really want SSD.

Price range is around 2k

4. simsaladimbamba

What MBP do you have, as any MBP since late 2008 should be able to do this.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Couldn't you just get a desktop for gaming and use MBP when not at home? Laptops are a joke for gaming. You spend thousands on a laptop that has worse performance than sub-$1000 desktop. And you lose upgradeability, meaning that you have to buy a new laptop every couple of years instead of just popping in a new GPU.

You can get a very good desktop for gaming for around 1000$

6. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

+1. And even with those really fast laptops with dual Mobility GTX 580s/6970s you will have a very power hungry machine that sucks battery in a matter of a couple of hours and also will be thick and heavy. If you need help custom building a gaming DESKTOP pc i would gladly help you

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

HH is 100%,
    you can get a beefier desktop for less then what most gaming laptops are going for.

If you're intent on gaming and wanting a laptop, alienware is usually tops in that category AFAIK.