Best Data-only plan??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by inphected, Jan 14, 2011.

1. inphected macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I'm going to buy myself an iPhone, but the $60+ plans with At&t are rather daunting. I'm going to unlock/jailbreak it as soon as i get it, but i'd like to know in advance what carrier and plan to go with. I don't want to spend over $45 a month, and i'm pretty sure I want data only. Unlimited data is a must. What plan should i choose??? :confused:

Thanks in advance!! :D:D

2. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Normally the answer would be to just get an ipad data plan and use it on your iphone, but the problem is you want unlimited data. So far as I know, there are no such plans. To get unlimited data, if you can manage to get it, you will need a voice plan. So you either have to pony up the $$ and maybe get an unlimited plan, or simply get an ipad data plan and use it on your iphone and it'll be cheap.

3. inphected thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't need to stay with att, in fact I'm looking to switch.

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

You have not provided enough information.

What firmware will the phone have? What baseband? If 4.2.1, the only jb is tethered.

The only other option is Verizon, since you won't be able to unlock it. Almost no one here has experience with their data plans and I've read they have not finalized the iPhone plans, although I have not visited their web site, something you should do.