Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
What's the best data plan when you're not sure how much you'll be using it each month?
Three and Vodafone are offering plans at £7.50 and £10 a month, respectively, but I don't fancy being stuck in a contract.
Saying that, there might be times when I could use the full month.

Any thoughts?
At this rate, I might just cut down a giffgaff sim, should the iPad stock ever arrive. :p

DenniZ

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Liverpool, UK
What's the best data plan when you're not sure how much you'll be using it each month?
Three and Vodafone are offering plans at £7.50 and £10 a month, respectively, but I don't fancy being stuck in a contract.
Saying that, there might be times when I could use the full month.

Any thoughts?
At this rate, I might just cut down a giffgaff sim, should the iPad stock ever arrive. :p

Try the three pay as you go sim. Get it off ebay for £35, 12GB valid for 12 months, basically you can use the 12GB within the 12 months, no contract.

Sounds most useful to you, as it doesn't have a short expiry. Just have to cut the sim card down to fit in a ipad.

navt

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
O2 pay as you go. £2.04/day for I think 200MB. As a thank you, I even received 1GB free for a month! Coverage has been excellent so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.