Best Database Programme

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by klee, Jan 24, 2009.

1. klee macrumors newbie

Hi

i've not had a mac for long but i love it and i want to create a customer database on it as i am a beauty therapist and i want to keep track of my customers & the treatments/spend with me.

i was going to use excel but i was wondering if there was a better programme made for this sort of thing Or if there is a pos programme (thats quite cheap) that i could use as i can only find checkout and its £300 which i dont have at the moment.

thanks
    kayleigh
    x x x:)

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

You could do it all online for free with a sql database... Though that could be a little to complicated for what you want ;)

3. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

4. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Bento is highly regarded, cheap and apparently easy to use without having to learn about databases.

5. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

With the explosion in Cloud Computing, I can't imagine using a stand-alone DB anymore. I'd try Zoho DB (http://db.zoho.com/), DabbleDB, or PerfectForms.com. Personally, I use Coghead extensively to build really slick (and easy) DB application that are 100% accessible (but secure) on the web.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

or Bento, which is a more consumer level database app that is made by same people as filemaker

7. Tomtaff macrumors newbie

Database

I have recently bought the mac and would like to know the best database to use for record keeping, security is a must (database protection) and also one with a reminder I.e. one,two and three year reminders. Thanks in advance Tom

8. Jord5i macrumors member

If you already have a website (if it includes databases) you could use phpmyadmin, basically means you have it where ever you go :p