Best Deal Ever!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by freediro, Jun 20, 2009.

1. freediro macrumors member

freediro

Those MS bargain commercials can suck it!

I got the 13" MBP 2.26, 16gb ipod touch, and an HP C6380 all-in-one wireless printer all for $1374 after taxes at a Best Buy in Las Vegas. They matched everything that Apple offered straight out the door, no need to wait for rebate and i received the student discounts!

I am sure i just got the deal of a lifetime! :eek: what do you guys think!?

2. buckeye17 macrumors member

If that's a deal of a lifetime... well... you haven't gotten many deals. Basically you just saved what, like $20 in taxes over buying all of that at an Apple store? Nonetheless, still a good deal.

3. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Id say thats a good deal. Wish i had gotten something like that with my UMB. Oh well, maybe next time lol.

4. midgetsanchez macrumors regular

That's a deal? I just got a brand new 17" uMBP BTO straight from Apple for $2039 + tax. (Glossy with 7200RPM 500GB drive).

*feels sorry for those who spent $2799+ for the 17" less than 6 months ago*

5. freediro thread starter macrumors member

freediro

sorry . . .

. . . this deal does not amaze you ,i understand its not the greatest deal, but it was better than most.

thanks for raining in my parade, jk, not a big deal. i also posted so people would also know incase the wanted to try to do something similar.

Glad you guys got good deals too, we can all enjoy the greatness that is apple.

6. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

What makes it a better deal and what most people do is sell their iPod Touch for $200 and the printer for $100 and knock another $300 off the price. Pretty good when you can get a new MBP for under 10 bills.

7. wesrk macrumors 6502a

cool, so no waiting for rebates or anything, just go straight into best buy, awesome!

8. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

I work at Best Buy and they wouldn't give me this deal so YMMV. I got it from Apple and have no complaints, their rebate is a breeze too.

9. lavinci macrumors 6502

That is a deal only if the store wants to match it. If they don't, you're right back at square one.

Really, the best deal is getting the free touch and printer and then selling them on craigslist/ebay which makes the 2.26ghz one under $1000

10. skl.dv macrumors newbie

I am really interested in doing this as well because i have a gift card for bestbuy and they have the 18 month no interest no pay thing going. Do you have any tips?

11. xDeathReaperx macrumors regular

Do they all.

Do all of the BestBuy's allow you to get a Printer and iPod Touch just like Apple does? And you don't have to wait for the rebate? (You Just get them for free.?.?)

~xDeathReaperx

12. buckeye17 macrumors member

No, it is store-specific. The store I went to, the employee said it depends on how well their sales were doing on that specific day. So it seems like you could go one day and they would say no, then go a day later and they might say yes.

13. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Dam you bestbuy!!!! Argh... they refused to price match apple here in Spokane :(

14. Bazzy macrumors regular

Hi,

How the heck did you get that? Please tell, I am from the UK and will be getting my nephew to order me one in a day or two - I just sent him the details! Let me know ASAP!!!

Thanks,

Bazzy!

15. ordo1980 macrumors member

You might want to check to make sure that 18 month thing is still going on. I'm pretty sure they discontinued it for the time being. The employees seem to think it'll be back soon, but it's been a few days since I looked into it so maybe that special is back now. Let me know if it is!!!

16. midgetsanchez macrumors regular

Via Student developer discount. It's about $500 off for the high-end 15" and 17" models. You need to be a student enrolled in uni to be eligible. Think of it as the educational discount on steroids.

http://developer.apple.com/membership/usa.html

17. Dkaz2389 macrumors newbie

Hey can you get the free printer and itouch with that deal too?

18. midgetsanchez macrumors regular

No, unfortunately. $500 off your purchase is a good enough deal though. It took me less than 2 days to set up a student adc account and make my purchase.

19. morepower7 macrumors member