Best deal for last gen MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nygiants242, Feb 25, 2017.

1. nygiants242 macrumors member

Hi guys,

I'm not convinced on the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. Are there any fantastic deals on the immediate last gen? What is the best deal out there for a loaded 13"? Any tips/points appreciated.

Thank you!

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

3. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

The best deal I've seen was new 2015 i5/8gb/128gb SSD for $999 new and $899 open box at Best Buy. I believe that sale just ended, but I would expect others to pop up. Unless Apple intends to continue a base-model 2015 (as they had with the base model 2012 until just several months ago, which seems unlikely since analysts are predicting a pretty big decrease on the current base-model 13-inch with the forthcoming 2017 refresh, along with the end of the MBA) then I would look for retailers to blow out existing stock in the coming months for prices matching that sale.

4. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

Loaded as in maxed out? You might struggle to find too many stellar deals on an upper end 13". B&H would be one placed to keep an eye on, Apple Store Refirb would be another (except taxes..). Could you get along with a base 15"? You'll find better deals on it, and it's more powerful.

5. Orr macrumors 6502

Orr

I got mine from Apple refurbished and strongly recommend shopping there, especially since you get the full 1 year warranty included.

The 2015 13" rMBP is a great little machine, but I wouldn't recommend getting anything more than the mid-tier one. It's limited by the dual-core processors, and for the fully upgraded pricing, you'd be getting much more value with the base 15".

6. logicstudiouser macrumors 6502

logicstudiouser

I just recently got a 2015 gen MacBook Pro off the Apple Refurbished Store. I used the site 'Refurb Me' (you can google it) and you can sign up for email alerts when a MBP that matches your description comes back in stock on the refurbished store.
    I originally signed up in late December I believe and one that matched my description was listed on the Apple Store in mid February, I got alerted and purchased it right away. It was sold out within a few hours. Signing up for alerts is the most effective way to buy.
    I like going with refurbished directly from Apple because they come with the full warranty like a new computer and they literally are like brand new computers. Mine arrived with only 2 battery cycle counts and not one scratch or blemish on the device. Flawless

7. uptownnyc macrumors 6502

Check out the Facebook marketplace. Found a loaded 2015 15" for $1600 barely used.